Requirements and versions for vendor supplied packages aren't documented
|Assignee:||Nick Fagerlund||% Done:|
|Keywords:||goalie_06_28_2012 customer||Affected URL:|
Currently the PE installer adds some additional packages, for example a JDE/JDK and MySQL on the master.
The base versions and requirements for this are not documented anywhere.
#1 Updated by Josh Cooper 11 months ago
- Status changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Assignee set to Nick Fagerlund
There is some documentation here http://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/2.5/install_basic.html#vendor-packages but I suspect more detail is required.
#2 Updated by Nick Fagerlund 11 months ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Closed
The info in the relevant page should now be as complete as it needs to be:
- It’s just MySQL and Java.
- We work w/ default system versions on every platform.
- If you use Oracle java, make sure we can find the keytool binary.
- If you custom-compiled things, you might run into problems related to not being able to find the shared objects or binaries.
That covers what I learned from Matthaus. There’s nothing in the software versions themselves that should cause us major problems, it’s all about packaging and file locations.