Add FOSS Puppet installation to CloudPack bootstrap process
|Assignee:||Dan Bode||% Done:|
In addition to the installer for Puppet Enterprise, we want CloudPack to have support for installing the FOSS version of Puppet.
There are several existing implementations of this, including the DevStructure version, and the work by Dan Bode.
#3 Updated by Jeff McCune over 2 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to High
High Level Strategy¶
Dan has already done work in this area to model the installation of Puppet as a script using an ERB template.
The erb template should interpolated on the calling side, then uploaded to the new instance and executed.
#10 Updated by Jeff McCune over 2 years ago
As discussed this morning, by the end of Monday Dan will have the template scripting topic branch in a state that I can run with and unblock myself on the related tickets, specifically #8204
If the topic branch won’t be ready to base other work on by the EOB, please let me know ASAP since I’m blocked on this.
#11 Updated by Dan Bode over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to In Topic Branch Pending Review
the latest version of the code has been updated in the remote branch.
This version of the code should be sufficient to be merged into master (b/c it is blocking) It is still lacking tests.
The patch series is made of the following changes:
- made PE specific options not required
- added additional options: pe-version, puppet-version, facter-version, install-script
- added puppet::cloudpack::installer – capable of locating erb templates and compiling them
- added FOSS install template
- added puppet-enterprise install template (refactor of existing installer code)
- added ability to make pe version to install configurable
- installation artifacts are all copied into a tmp directory
- refactored installer so that it uses puppet::cloudpack::installer
#14 Updated by Jeff McCune over 2 years ago
Merging this into master resulted in test failures. I’m not sure if the failures are due to master changing or this topic branch changing.
The current, amended and cleanly-merging topic branch for this work is at:
#15 Updated by Jeff McCune over 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Topic Branch Pending Review to Merged - Pending Release
Merged into Master¶
Reviewed by me, Dan emailed tech@, merged by me. I validated tests are passing.
Merged into master as:
commit 81f0a5015ef86131757bed90ab8aac3bc30f23cd Merge: 448fb82 07057bc Author: Jeff McCune
Date: Wed Jul 13 15:29:34 2011 -0700 Merge branch 'feature/master/7508_foss_installer' * feature/master/7508_foss_installer: (#7508) Fix broken tests (#7508) Fixed broken installer test (#7508) fixes gem install script issue (#8398) Do not use mktemp (#7508) Adds script for open source installation (#7508) Unit tests for installer (#7508) Converted PE install to template (#7508) Added scripts and template compiler (#7508) Refactor of installation code (#7508) Make pe opts required when installing pe (#7508) Adding more install actions options (#7508) Support installation of open source (#7508) Support installation of open source