Editors that support Puppet¶
This section lists all the editors that supports the Puppet language.
Geppetto – an integrated toolset for developing puppet modules and manifests
Editor, syntax coloring, validation, code completion, quick fix proposals, forge integration, git and svn support, and much more. Open source (Apache and EPL License).
Eclipse + Ruby Development Tools
TextMate (Mac OSX only)
This section lists all the various Syntax Highlighting configurations for the major text editors.
- http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2094 – Older syntax definition that doesn’t support new language features
- Latest definition and ftdetect support in git, or ext/vim/ in the source distribution
The TextMate puppet bundle is available as a git repository on github: http://github.com/masterzen/puppet-textmate-bundle/tree/master
This bundle supports directly:
- syntax highlighting of the puppet syntax
- common resources or standard language snippets
- command to check syntax of manifests (with puppet —parseonly)
- function menu containing hierarchical class/nodes/define and resources titles
NEdit syntax highlighting file: – puppet.nedit.syn
- XXX this file seems to have gone missing in the trac migration and google hasnt cached it, anyone have a copy? anyone still use nedit? … anyone? – eric0
To install, use nedit -import puppet.nedit.syn
Emacs syntax highlighting file are located in the Puppet source distribution: http://projects.reductivelabs.com/repositories/browse/puppet/ext/emacs
Kate syntax highlighting file will soon be located in the Puppet source distribution: http://projects.reductivelabs.com/repositories/browse/puppet/ext/kate