From 01/06/2012 to 01/12/2012
- 04:38 pm Feature #11663 (Tests Insufficient): Add FreeBSD support to blockdevice fact(s)
- Mike, this is awesome. The one thing that we need to do before we can merge it is get some tests added.
- 04:37 pm Bug #10271 (Merged - Pending Release): Amazon Linux operatingsytem and operatingsystemrelease and...
- Ken Barber wrote:
> Hey marcus - the patch looks great. So the ticket also covers the operatingsystemrelease fact, w...
- 04:32 pm Feature #10268 (Code Insufficient): fact to determine gateway
- Hey. I reviewed both sets of code here, and none of them are acceptable.
Specifically, both of them assume that t...
- 04:15 pm Feature #11082 (Merged - Pending Release): operatingsystemrelease for Solaris
- Ken Barber wrote:
> One thing that is bothering me is the revision numbers for Solaris 8 ... I don't remember Sun ev...
- 04:12 pm Feature #10966 (Code Insufficient): Add bios information to facter
- The pull request has merge conflicts and unrelated commits in it at the moment; we have asked the author to update that.
- 04:09 pm Feature #10232 (Tests Insufficient): virtual: Get virtual information from sysfs (no dmidecode an...
- The code change is good, but we really need some tests before we can merge it.
- 04:06 pm Feature #10232: virtual: Get virtual information from sysfs (no dmidecode and lspci on virtualbox)
- Adrien Thebo wrote:
> We recently added dmidecode as a dependency for RPMs in facter; nevertheless this will be a gr...
- 03:49 pm Bug #3704 (Duplicate): Facter doesn't return booleans (converts them to strings instead)
- This is basically a duplicate of #4561, which is a larger ticket covering various other sorts of structured data in F...
- 12:46 pm Feature #2066: Make units optional
- Theo Cabrerizo Diem wrote:
> Is there any update on this issue ?
> I'm running puppet 2.7.9 and facter 1.6.4 and su...
- 06:13 am Feature #2066: Make units optional
- Is there any update on this issue ?
I'm running puppet 2.7.9 and facter 1.6.4 and such facts with units are quite us...
- 03:21 pm Feature #11201 (Merged - Pending Release): Add a rake task to build Apple Packages
- Merged at <commit:14cad7e4c8008f24a669b178f1669c45529d4d86> of facter.
- 09:31 am Bug #3704: Facter doesn't return booleans (converts them to strings instead)
- We've been looking into adding more complex data types into Puppet, and as it turns out this is pretty hard. Right no...
- 09:21 am Bug #11559 (Merged - Pending Release): Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
- # Merged into 1.6.x #
Merged as <https://github.com/puppetlabs/facter/commit/8a7dfc9ca9756ac72cc32a7b6e13d63186f21...
- 07:22 am Bug #11559: Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
- Okay - I've raised this then:
Thanks James - I used your method...
- 06:43 am Bug #3704: Facter doesn't return booleans (converts them to strings instead)
- Bumping this bug.
The following code does not work and gives this error: "Could not retrieve catalog from remote s...
- 10:30 pm Bug #11848 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): facter.bat cannot be relocated on Windows
- 02:27 pm Bug #11848 (Closed): facter.bat cannot be relocated on Windows
- Facter's `install.rb` script creates wrapper batch scripts in ruby's bin directory. The batch file contains full path...
- 02:19 pm Bug #11559: Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
- I am not fussed either way but it doesn't look like I'll have time to change this anytime soon if someone wants to ta...
- 02:11 pm Bug #11559: Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
- As mentioned in the pull request, there is an alternative mechanism that might be easier:
- 01:48 pm Feature #11640 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Support EC2 facts on OpenStack
- 01:31 pm Feature #11666 (Needs Decision): Add is_ec2 and is_euca facts
- I'm gonna change this to 'Needs Decision' for now - I think the need is defined, just the implementation needs a deci...
- 09:39 pm Bug #11823: is_virtual is broken in CentOS 6.x
- Please find dmidecode and lspci output attached.
- 05:42 pm Bug #11823 (Investigating): is_virtual is broken in CentOS 6.x
- Do you have either lspci or dmidecode installed, or do you have the `vmware` binary available?
- 05:37 pm Bug #11823 (Closed): is_virtual is broken in CentOS 6.x
- Running Vmware VM with Centos 6.2 facter reports as physical.
#facter virtual is_virtual
- 01:35 am Feature #11566: Windows EC2 meta data support
- Sure, your patch is better. And I installed your version, worked well.
Also available in: Atom