From 01/07/2009 to 01/13/2009
- 10:37 pm Feature #1866: Support for specification of multiple servers
- As an addendum, I would propose that randomserver's default value be false.
Also, I should give credit where due a...
- 10:18 pm Feature #1866 (Investigating): Support for specification of multiple servers
- At the moment it is only possible to tell puppetd about one puppetmaster: Engaging multiple servers requires load bal...
- 07:50 pm Bug #1864 (Duplicate): Package provider yum doesn't handle multi-architecture right (triggered by...
- Duplicate of #1465
- 05:28 pm Bug #1865 (Closed): Puppet cannot manage the puppet process
- It would be useful if puppet could manage the puppet process however currently if you add the puppet service you cann...
- 05:19 pm Bug #1864 (Duplicate): Package provider yum doesn't handle multi-architecture right (triggered by...
- When a package is installed in one architecture (like "libXtst.x86_64"), trying to install it in another architecture...
- 02:54 pm Bug #1863 (Closed): Parsing of files with CR/LF line endings
- Currently puppet does not parse files correctly that have CR/LF line endings. It will incorrectly give errors regardi...
- 10:05 am Bug #1862 (Closed): Cannot create /var/lib/puppet/clientbucket; parent directory /var/lib/puppet...
- Puppet server (puppet-server-0.24.6-1.el5) is not able to create $vardir after fresh install in CentOS release 5.2.
- 06:34 am Bug #1629 (Closed): incorrect permissions on ssh_authorized_keys created files
- Pushed in commit:69432d6f1dda6a59a015bcd30a729524e3655fd3 in branch master.
- 06:32 am Bug #1835 (Closed): augeas fails when arguments contain whitespaces
- Pushed in commit:1f6dce51a9cf7c423e94fd02f54322217d415a77 in branch master.
- 06:30 am Bug #1847 (Closed): puppetdoc --mode rdoc doesn't generate indexes correctly
- Pushed to branch master in commit:8142981571b438d4fe19f4097fe331378a322b33.
- 10:06 pm Feature #1861 (Accepted): manage_membership for unix groups provider
- I searched and didn't see this feature request so if is/was at some point forgive me.
I'd like to be able to defin...
- 09:34 pm Bug #1835 (Ready For Checkin): augeas fails when arguments contain whitespaces
- 05:32 pm Bug #1835: augeas fails when arguments contain whitespaces
- I've been using e431fee6de4c45fb85225d5aaff412ea0763d06f for a whole day, to edit items/values containing whitespaces...
- 06:11 am Bug #1689: Hundreds of log messages a second because of dns resolution
- just got by this one again.
steps to repreduce:
on Ubuntu 8.10
I already have a working puppet setup on my lap...
- 01:37 am Bug #1856: redhat init script doesn't honor pidfile on shutdown/reload
- immerda wrote:
> as outlined in #1809 the -p option isn't available on redhat systems prior to 5. this is somehow a ...
- 10:49 pm Bug #1658 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Gentoo package re-write
- 10:48 pm Bug #593: Puppet's cron type struggles with vixie-cron
- I swear we fixed this problem a long time ago (which is appropriate, given how old the ticket is), but this will have...
- 10:45 pm Bug #632 (Rejected): All constants should be upper-case in Puppet
- I don't know what the right option is here, but this ticket isn't really thought out at all.
- 10:44 pm Bug #656: cron entries with newlines keep being updated
- We've got multiple cron tickets now; we need to do a full sweep of them in one of these releases.
- 10:43 pm Feature #676: Move the ActiveRecord integration to an indirection terminus
- 0.25 is going to be more basic, and 0.26 will hopefully include everything like this moving to the Indirector.
- 10:38 pm Bug #728 (Closed): ParsedFile providers do not work outside of a transaction
- Having tested this recently, this actually works fine.
- 10:37 pm Feature #741 (Code Insufficient): new package provider: paludis
- Until someone can review the code, we can't apply it.
- 08:27 pm Feature #1461: Module metadata should support platform specification
- Again, not going to make it into 0.25.
- 08:26 pm Feature #1462: class dependency capability
- Clearly not going to make it into 0.25. We need a general language design release, I think.
- 08:26 pm Bug #1658: Gentoo package re-write
- This will only make it into 0.25 if it's tested to be correct.
What's the design decision to make here? Is the co...
- 06:51 am Bug #1826: augeas type executes always
Might i also suggest as part of this fix you include the puppet backup routines.
is the file ...
- 08:59 pm Bug #1826: augeas type executes always
- I am speaking with David Lutterkort about this. The fix will require a new drop of Augeas to work. So.. in short..I a...
- 06:44 pm Bug #1857 (Duplicate): puppetd stuck in close_wait
- 06:41 pm Facter Bug #1859 (Duplicate): facter does not report individual facts correctly
- 04:37 pm Facter Bug #1860: facter operatingsystemrelease raises a fatal exception on OpenSolaris
- Looks like this was fixed as I was writing the bug report!...
- 04:11 pm Facter Bug #1860 (Closed): facter operatingsystemrelease raises a fatal exception on OpenSolaris
- On OpenSolaris running facter 1.5.2 (downloaded from tarball) raises a fatal exception. This makes facter (and there...
- 04:02 pm Facter Bug #1859 (Duplicate): facter does not report individual facts correctly
- On my Ubuntu 8.10 system, current git master, facter reports the wrong fact when ask to report a single fact:
- 03:26 pm Bug #1835: augeas fails when arguments contain whitespaces
- Sorry... my test script did not catch that. I have sent another pull request for a second commit on this branch. The ...
- 01:21 pm Feature #1858 (Needs Decision): Add resources based on a Hash
- Create resources from a Hash, in fact the syntax for a resource looks like a Ruby Hash already. The idea is to use it...
- 12:08 pm Bug #1857 (Duplicate): puppetd stuck in close_wait
- I disabled most of the conf for a client but it still gets one socket stuck in close wait.
I did a bit of digging ...
- 08:28 pm Bug #1629: incorrect permissions on ssh_authorized_keys created files
I'm not sure if on which branch you'll be handling work for 0.25 ?
Anyway, a branch rebased on master is...
- 07:18 pm Bug #1835: augeas fails when arguments contain whitespaces
- I just gave it a try. The quoting stuff looks fine but I think a regression got introduced by this change. Augeas now...
- 06:53 pm Bug #1856 (Needs Decision): redhat init script doesn't honor pidfile on shutdown/reload
- as outlined in #1809 the -p option isn't avaiable on redhat systems prior to 5. this is somehow a problem as the init...
- 04:41 pm Bug #1856 (Closed): redhat init script doesn't honor pidfile on shutdown/reload
- When puppet is run "by hand" and something happens to run "service puppet stop" at the same time, puppet get's killed...
- 03:45 pm Bug #1855 (Accepted): puppetd --noop doesn't take effect in the presence of old puppetd.conf file...
- Can someone reproduce this? It's certainly dangerous, and I can't imagine how it's happening.
- 03:44 pm Bug #1843 (Duplicate): race condition or caching problem with yumrepo and exec
- BMDan wrote:
> luke wrote:
> > Can you just ignore the Yum repos made by the rpm and recreate them? That is, respe...
- 02:52 pm Bug #1843: race condition or caching problem with yumrepo and exec
- luke wrote:
> Can you just ignore the Yum repos made by the rpm and recreate them? That is, respecify them entirely?...
- 01:25 pm Bug #1855 (Closed): puppetd --noop doesn't take effect in the presence of old puppetd.conf file...
- When running puppetd --noop with a deprecated puppetd.conf in /etc/puppet the noop has no effect, leading to potentia...
- 09:05 pm Bug #1843: race condition or caching problem with yumrepo and exec
- fyi, this looks like the same issue: http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/ticket/1238
- 08:54 pm Facter Feature #1854 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Archlinux detection.
- 06:15 pm Facter Feature #1854 (Closed): Archlinux detection.
- I modified the operatingsystem.rb to support detection of Archlinux. It just checks for the existance of /etc/arch-r...
- 06:13 pm Feature #1853: pacman package provider
- Just updating the category.
- 06:12 pm Feature #1853 (Closed): pacman package provider
- In my efforts to get Puppet working with Archlinux, I've created a package provider for Pacman. I've done a bit of t...
- 04:25 pm Bug #1852 (Accepted): unexpected behaviour with selinux file options when ruby bindings are missing
- I think the right action is to just warn that SELinux support isn't available without the ruby bindings.
- 01:35 pm Bug #1852 (Closed): unexpected behaviour with selinux file options when ruby bindings are missing
- It seems that if selinux ruby bindings are not available, the selinux
parameters to the file type appear to work any...
Also available in: Atom