From 08/24/2009 to 08/30/2009
- 11:53 pm Bug #2579: Darwinport package provider broken in 0.25rc1
- hmm. either I've forgotten how to use redmine, or I can't mark this as a duplicate of #2331
- 11:52 pm Bug #2579 (Duplicate): Darwinport package provider broken in 0.25rc1
- 11:50 pm Bug #2581 (Accepted): Launchd service provider broken in Snow Leopard (10.6)
- 05:49 pm Bug #2581 (Closed): Launchd service provider broken in Snow Leopard (10.6)
- The launchd service provider is broken in Snow Leopard (since, according to Nigel, state is now stored in /var instea...
- 05:00 pm Bug #2580 (Rejected): cannot access /plugins
- Following http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/PluginsInModules, I created /etc/puppet/modules/custom/plugins/fa...
- 06:18 am Bug #2572 (Closed): Parser error propagation expects a string but is passed a hash
- Pushed in commit:a9d5863145ef2373bbd25e92e1fc1a0071076afd in branch master.
- 12:37 am Bug #2574: Plugins cannot be loaded directly from modules
- Supplemental information:
This bug effects setups that are 0.25rc1 clients and servers using a webrick as well. I...
- 09:01 pm Bug #2574: Plugins cannot be loaded directly from modules
- Also the puppetmasterd has in the syslog log file:...
- 03:16 pm Bug #2511 (Rejected): Sporadic and spurious "invalid parameter" errors
- This appears to be a site problem rather than a Ruby problem. We're working on it out of band.
- 03:06 pm Bug #2579 (Duplicate): Darwinport package provider broken in 0.25rc1
- As was reported here: http://projects.reductivelabs.com/issues/2331 the provider is still broken in 0.25rc1.
- 10:22 am Bug #2574 (Accepted): Plugins cannot be loaded directly from modules
- 10:19 am Facter Bug #2242: Simplify OpenVZ detection, based on /proc/self/status
- Benedikt BÃ¶hm wrote:
> isn't the current detection, based on the fact that /proc/vz/version exists, a lot simpler t...
- 07:16 am Facter Bug #2573: fqdn is wrong if nodename is not the first part of fqdn
- as a follow up, this should fix all dns problem currently open in facter. i have commented on the other bugs too: htt...
- 07:16 am Facter Feature #2533: Facter's domain.rb resolves DNS domain wrong
- see http://github.com/hollow/facter/commit/92f6b049724a620f3833dde10b8126a70ce52a08 for a proper dns resolution
- 07:15 am Facter Bug #2085: facter determins fqdn in strange and suboptimal ways
- NIS should be a seperate fact. the following patch gets rid of NIS resolution in fqdn: http://github.com/hollow/facte...
- 07:14 am Facter Bug #1346: Using 'ip addr' over ifconfig
- the following patch fixes the domainname/dnsdomainname warnings: http://github.com/hollow/facter/commit/92f6b049724a6...
- 07:14 am Facter Bug #1291: Facter is using the NIS domain name instead of DNS domain name in some cases
- Luke Kanies wrote:
> the problem with domains is that there isn't a consistent answer anywhere -- sites do it differ...
- 06:09 am Facter Bug #2242: Simplify OpenVZ detection, based on /proc/self/status
- isn't the current detection, based on the fact that /proc/vz/version exists, a lot simpler than doing regex and ==/> ...
- 06:48 pm Bug #2578 (Accepted): undefined method _file
- 05:52 pm Bug #2578 (Duplicate): undefined method _file
- As part of the ongoing work with #2511, Markus asked us to test HEAD on a box with a newer version of ruby. This clie...
- 05:31 pm Feature #2576: Time stamps in the --debug output could be useful
- I assume only when --logdest console. But would be VERY useful.
- 05:30 pm Bug #2577 (Closed): Deprecation notice for 'modules' mount causes failures with 0.24.8 clients
- I assume this is just a documentation issue but could be a bug.
I get in the puppetmaster:...
- 04:59 pm Feature #2576 (Accepted): Time stamps in the --debug output could be useful
- When tracking down performance issues having timestamps in the --debug output could be very helpful.
If output clu...
- 03:35 pm Bug #2125: Puppet incorrectly reports a package not found on Gentoo
Mind elaborating on what you suspect the problem is with eix? There are issues running 0.15.4 on our syste...
- 01:39 pm Bug #2575 (Rejected): Puppet not accepting valid cron time intervals
- Puppet appears to not accept valid time intervals which include commas (or perhaps dashes)....
- 12:55 pm Bug #2574 (Closed): Plugins cannot be loaded directly from modules
- In my example I have a custom mysql type that cannot be found when compiling the manifest. Puppetmaster is 0.25 HEAD...
- 11:35 am Facter Bug #2573: fqdn is wrong if nodename is not the first part of fqdn
- pull http://github.com/hollow/facter/commit/ab07f5f7e3ba4bcfa33999ece9080f5bc0bf0c15
- 11:21 am Facter Bug #2573 (Closed): fqdn is wrong if nodename is not the first part of fqdn
- the logic in fqdn.rb is too naive because it does no DNS checks. concatenation of hostname and domainname does not wo...
- 01:41 am Bug #2511: Sporadic and spurious "invalid parameter" errors
- Two other observations:
* Using "my_local_var = 7" is as effective as "p :marshal_eval"
* Although my earlier tes...
- 01:30 am Bug #2511: Sporadic and spurious "invalid parameter" errors
- Additional light:
* The problem isn't with the yaml (which is produced client side), but rather occurs before that...
- 11:50 pm Bug #2572 (Closed): Parser error propagation expects a string but is passed a hash
- As discussed on puppet-devÂ¹:
> Luke Kanies wrote:
>> On Aug 22, 2009, at 8:26 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
- 06:02 am Feature #2571 (Closed): Add Oracle support for storeconfigs
- Add support for Oracle database for storeconfigs functionality.
- 02:17 am Bug #2091: puppet host type fails if /etc/hosts doesnt exist
- I ran into this. Submitting info in case it's helpful:
Server: Slicehost VPS
OS: Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS
- 01:37 am Bug #2474: Type Reference documentation does not indicate that fstype is required for mount resource
- I submitted a trivial patch for this, ref 1ed02a36a0
- 06:50 pm Bug #2570 (Closed): namespaceauth.conf rejects domains that begin with digits
- Our internal-systems domain is "2ndsiteinc.com". Setting up namespaceauth.conf thusly:...
- 12:42 pm Bug #2569 (Needs More Information): yum package install fails due to "error" in %pre scriptlet
- I've asked puppet to ensure a package (smolt) is installed:...
- 03:20 am Feature #2568 (Closed): add puppetmasterd 'dbconnections' option to increase rails 'max pool size'
- the attached patch adds a new option 'dbconnections' which tells ActiveRecord the max pool size of the rails connecti...
- 12:15 am Feature #2566: Please provide a method to consider empty variables an error
- ie, it would be nice if we could have the equivalent of bash's set -e.
In an ideal world, this would be a metapara...
- 11:33 pm Bug #2567 (Closed): Some specs slow & may be doing DNS
- Some of the spec tests (e.g. spec/unit/network/authstore.rb) run at wildly different speeds depending on which tests ...
- 11:24 pm Feature #2565 (Re-opened): Getting client fqdn with certname and external_nodes
- Ahh, then perhaps this is a bug after all, as that was the first thing I tried (node_name = facter)
I tried with t...
- 11:09 pm Feature #2565 (Closed): Getting client fqdn with certname and external_nodes
- Try setting the 'node_name' setting to 'facter' instead of 'cert' - that should get you the full hostname from Facter...
- 11:08 pm Bug #2511: Sporadic and spurious "invalid parameter" errors
- The problem is clearly that the yaml has quoted symbols instead of normal symbols; the question is just how the heck ...
- 10:21 pm Feature #2566 (Duplicate): Please provide a method to consider empty variables an error
- I would like a way to consider unset variables an error.
As an example, if doing something like creating a file wh...
- 02:28 pm Bug #2511: Sporadic and spurious "invalid parameter" errors
- Here's some more traces (run in succession on the same host) for your tracing enjoyment.
We'd previously mentioned...
- 02:24 pm Facter Feature #2548: Netblock fact
- I had written the tests as well, and was trying to figure out how to plug them into the existing tests. Here's what I...
- 12:49 pm Facter Feature #2548 (Closed): Netblock fact
- 12:49 pm Facter Feature #2548: Netblock fact
- 12:49 pm Facter Feature #2548 (Ready For Checkin): Netblock fact
- 12:46 pm Facter Bug #2306 (Closed): Facter[netmask] does not exist on Solaris and FreeBSD systems
- 12:44 pm Facter Bug #2306 (Ready For Checkin): Facter[netmask] does not exist on Solaris and FreeBSD systems
- 10:34 am Bug #2551 (Closed): File 'content changed to' message is often missing information
- Applied in changeset commit:ee4f6ba312387c1b93f850cee1507f6ab749f953.
- 08:19 am Feature #2565 (Closed): Getting client fqdn with certname and external_nodes
- In EC2 you often don't know what the IP address will be. To work around this, I assign a single cert to all the clien...
- 06:54 am Bug #2551 (Ready For Checkin): File 'content changed to' message is often missing information
- Fixed in the tickets/master/2551 branch in my repo.
I think we used to depend on the checksum change log, but we d...
- 05:45 am Bug #1719: Puppetd runtime increase dramaticilly after upgrading to 24.6
- I still have no insight into what the big difference could be, unfortunately.
The only thing I could think to do t...
- 01:55 am Bug #2552: execute fails
- Err, that's not right. We're clearly getting a 'status' failure but #2525 only updated the 'restart' stuff.
- 01:53 am Bug #2552 (Needs More Information): execute fails
- I'm not sure this will cover all the bits you need, but...
Unfortunately, our boolean parameters use :true and :fa...
- 01:52 am Bug #2525 (Re-opened): Service types not restarting with 0.25.0rc1
- This wasn't the right fix. The code should actually just look like:...
- 01:42 am Bug #2511: Sporadic and spurious "invalid parameter" errors
- Test isolation fix pushed in commit:c8f859e5def012ce582d73152fae54bb039c4155 in branch master.
- 01:39 am Bug #2549 (Closed): include ::<module> doesn't autoimport
- Pushed in commit:6fa9271a944f4167f82cb51affe1c0b795428b73 in branch master.
- 01:37 am Bug #2460 (Closed): ssl/private_keys ownership + Passenger
- Pushed in commit:ea417d60915fcb68aeebaf750abb57cb5604fe6d in branch master.
- 01:35 am Bug #2558 (Closed): undefined method environment on Puppet::FileServing::Mount::Modules
- Pushed in commit:c0da3bfebb40198703d7d99f2809b315682e28fc in branch master.
- 01:24 am Bug #2563 (Accepted): Can't use more than one node using regex node name matching
- 01:23 am Bug #2549 (Ready For Checkin): include ::<module> doesn't autoimport
- Again, I'm pretty confident this will work.
- 01:19 am Bug #2460 (Ready For Checkin): ssl/private_keys ownership + Passenger
- I think this is ready. Hopefully someone else will be able to test it, but I'm pretty confident in it.
- 12:07 am Feature #2564 (Accepted): Documentation should be dumped from memory when not used
- All of the resource types, parameters, and much more store documentation in memory, even when they're never going to ...
Also available in: Atom