From 05/28/2010 to 06/03/2010
- 10:19 pm Bug #3944 (Rejected): Can't set a host type to $ipaddress
- Actually, I think I was just being confused by #3942 and that there is no bug here.
- 10:02 pm Bug #3944 (Rejected): Can't set a host type to $ipaddress
- I'm not really sure what to make of this. I have the following stanza:
notice("ip is $ipaddress")
- 10:01 pm Feature #3943 (Duplicate): Enable extended CSR attributes to be passed to the puppet client
- When the client generates a CSR for itself it would be useful to be able to pass to the client extended attributes to...
- 09:48 pm Bug #3799: Reporting failed: "could not intern from yaml" if output ends in colon
- Any progress/updates on this one? Thanks!
- 09:45 pm Bug #3942 (Accepted): inadequate error messages for malformed host types
- When puppet encounters a malformed host type, say because the variable for the ip address is unassigned, it produces ...
- 07:57 pm Bug #3651 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): puppetdoc can not handle resource defaults
- ready for testing in http://github.com/MarkusQ/puppet/tree/ticket/0.25.x/3651
- 06:37 pm Bug #3939 (Closed): ALLCAPS variables arent usable in templates.
- Puppet lets you set all caps variables in the manifest that you couldnt use in a template:...
- 04:41 pm Bug #2532 (Investigating): ca_server/ca_port config settings overrides server/masterport config s...
- I'm not sure what the correct status should really be, but it's not needs more information.
I'm unaccepting this b...
- 04:40 pm Bug #2740: pkgdmg provider should not be deleting package files
- Ben, any chance you've had a look at the patch?
- 04:39 pm Bug #2773: buglet in provider/service/launchd.rb
- Eric, you sent a patch to fix this didn't you?
- 04:38 pm Bug #3461 (Rejected): Debian init scripts not packaged in ext along with others
- 04:37 pm Facter Bug #3710 (Needs Decision): Facter not working on Mac 10.5.6
- Huh. I'm even more confused now. The 10.5.1 looks to be the same format as the 10.5.8 output, but the 10.5.6 output d...
- 12:49 pm Bug #2244: pluginsync fails when no source is available
- For what it's worth, there is a work around:
In 0.25.4 if any one of your modules simply has an empty "lib" direct...
- 10:19 am Feature #2645: Support "-r" option to useradd (create a system user)
- We're having issues as well. We're forcing some userids (real persons), but for system users, we just define them in ...
- 10:18 am Bug #3938 (Rejected): cron resource unreliable
- Currently we had an accident with cron resource object. One night non-puppet maintained cronjobs (puppet maintained "...
- 09:42 am Bug #3528: puppet generate yaml report file in a different GMT time that it was generated
- please could you avoid to delay anymore the resolution of this Bug because of impact on puppet dashboard.. see Bug #3...
- 09:27 am Bug #3651: puppetdoc can not handle resource defaults
- Looked into this for a bit. From ruby-debug, it looks like ast.doc is an empty string at /Users/jeff/plabs/puppet/li...
- 08:49 am Facter Feature #3937 (Duplicate): There should be a 'mounts' fact
- I use myself a mount list for monitoring purposes
So here the code I use
- 08:21 am Bug #3651: puppetdoc can not handle resource defaults
- I'm on site with Jasper right now. I'm going to take a look and hopefully sprint to a solution today. If we can't f...
- 07:35 am Bug #3872: ssh_authorized_key intended behaviour?
- 05:21 am Bug #2673: ssh_authorized_keys options is detected as changed when it is not
- Just so other people know, this problem exists in 0.25.4 if specifying options with a single string/array element. It...
- 04:58 am Feature #3021: Config vars as facts
- That works for me. As long as I can easily see client & server config configuration options as facts, how they are pr...
- 04:01 am Feature #3933 (Needs Decision): Option to make Puppet fail as soon as a resource fails.
- I think this is a good idea +1 from me. Luke?
- 04:00 am Feature #3936 (Accepted): Puppet should start/stop services using invoke-rc.d for debian
- Agreed - however #2538 needs to be fixed before this can work from memory.
- 03:20 am Feature #3936 (Accepted): Puppet should start/stop services using invoke-rc.d for debian
- Though puppet uses invoke-rc.d for debian services to determine whether a service is enabled, it starts/stops service...
- 12:06 am Feature #3933 (Accepted): Option to make Puppet fail as soon as a resource fails.
- I think I might have filed this before on the old trac system, but I can't find it.
Basically I'd like the equival...
- 11:54 pm Feature #3932 (Accepted): util/rdoc.rb: please consider to add rdoc option --charset.
- Seems reasonable to me - Brice?
- 11:52 pm Feature #3932 (Closed): util/rdoc.rb: please consider to add rdoc option --charset.
- I want to write puppet module document (with UTF-8 characters).
But n puppet/util/rdoc.rb, rdoc options are coded ...
- 10:34 pm Bug #3872 (Needs More Information): ssh_authorized_key intended behaviour?
- Can you include the manifest please so I can take a look? Thanks.
- 10:31 pm Bug #3911 (Accepted): Puppet spins and bloats when it can't find a defined SMF manifest to import
- 10:30 pm Bug #3922 (Investigating): Backing up files by md5 and saving them "as user"
- 10:30 pm Feature #3900 (Needs Decision): puppetrun host:port
- 10:22 pm Bug #3928 (Investigating): Puppetdoc fails unable to find namevar for type1
- 10:20 pm Bug #3927 (Closed): naginator bug ref #3755
- Closing in favour of Naginator ticket - will move here.
- 10:19 pm Bug #3755 (Accepted): Incorrect support for valid nagios definitions
- 10:17 pm Bug #3930 (Closed): Redmine is annoying when watching bugs.
- Nigel - I logged across at Redmine's site - http://www.redmine.org/issues/5639.
- 09:20 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #2986: Added support for facter facts and node attributes
- Let's start with a question, if you have 500 nodes, how do you automatically create a nagios configuration file for t...
- 09:00 pm Feature #3871: Allow for searching in Arrays
- would it be insane to make the "in" operator work on strings *and* arrays?...
- 08:15 pm Facter Feature #3367: Path to ssh key should be configurable
- It looks like '-T' is only available in 5.x which we don't have everywhere yet (and it will be a while before we do).
- 07:55 pm Bug #3049: Several bits of the language are order dependant
- This is a bug in that using the all_tags array (or classes array, for that matter) in a template is definitely not re...
- 06:36 pm Facter Feature #3367: Path to ssh key should be configurable
- Regardless of the path can you let me know if the sshd command line above gives you the correct locations for hostkey...
- 06:02 pm Bug #3019: Failed to generate resources / Could not retieve file metadata
- Hi everyone,
I have probably the same issue - getting about five false emails per day from various puppet hosts (t...
- 05:42 pm Facter Feature #3367: Path to ssh key should be configurable
- sshd isn't in root's PATH. Of course, it *could* be in root's PATH but we tend to set it in our normal user .bashrc ...
- 04:27 pm Bug #3930 (Closed): Redmine is annoying when watching bugs.
- (couldn't find a more appropriate bug component)
This is how my workflow works generally:
* see interesting bug...
- 04:25 pm Bug #3528: puppet generate yaml report file in a different GMT time that it was generated
- Is the planned fix to change the report file name or the timestamp within the report?
- 10:06 am Facter Bug #3929 (Closed): Unvalidated swap -l output in facter on AIX 6.1
- if swap -l fails (in my case, a normal user can not execute swap -l), facter will fail:
- 12:01 am Bug #3928: Puppetdoc fails unable to find namevar for type1
- This is another test data leaking into production issue.
- 11:52 pm Bug #3928 (Investigating): Puppetdoc fails unable to find namevar for type1
- 10:08 pm Bug #3927 (Closed): naginator bug ref #3755
- Incorrect generation in the case of nagios v 3 types. see naginator 3755
- 10:01 pm Facter Bug #3926 (Accepted): Rename uniqueid hostid
- basing it on hostid is not nearly unique enough especially in a xen environment with duplicated machines and multiple...
- 07:03 pm Bug #2509: err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 502 on SERVER: Proxy Error
- Just poking my nose in to confirm this still exists on puppet-0.25.4-1.el4.
Updating my ruby version from 1.8.1-7.el...
- 06:17 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #3428: external node classifer fails with wrong Content-Length format
- I've hit the same issue, servers are Centos 5.5 machines (x86_64), clients are a mix of Centos 4.8, 5.4 & 5.5 machine...
- 05:32 pm Feature #3761: allow ability to temporarily disable puppet on a file/directory by a non-privilege...
- Fair enough - I'll refile as such. We have already have sudo privileges distributed so adding an additional privileg...
- 04:37 pm Bug #2162: Exit code 0 on failed puppetd execution
- Wasn't this fixed in http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/1934 ?
- 04:36 pm Feature #3871: Allow for searching in Arrays
- hell yes please!
- 04:35 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3789: Tool should install into module path directly rather than make user add module to ...
- Is there really such a thing as "the module path" for those of us using environments? We've explicitly not defined a ...
- 02:28 pm Feature #3021: Config vars as facts
- Given that the vast vast majority of the time you're only interested in client facts (rather than server ones) inside...
- 11:04 am Bug #3924 (Accepted): Tidy can not trigger resources
- Hello all,
got a strange issue - tidy does not notify resources....
- 05:20 am Bug #3923 (Rejected): Activemq + puppetqd + mysql single ip in hosts table
- I have configured puppet-0.25.4 on RHEL5 with storeconfigs using mysql.
I recently setup storeconfigs with queuing...
- 05:12 am Bug #3922 (Duplicate): Backing up files by md5 and saving them "as user"
- I manage user, directories, ssh_authorized_key, ... on redhat 4 and 5 boxes with a master and a client with 0.25.5 ve...
- 04:30 am Feature #3021: Config vars as facts
- Can I hijack this request to expand the scope to all variables set in the config file?
A separate name space of CO...
- 03:47 am Feature #3761 (Rejected): allow ability to temporarily disable puppet on a file/directory by a no...
- I agree - I think this is a bad idea for Puppet to directly support. You can support something like it with sudo.
- 03:45 am Feature #3871 (Accepted): Allow for searching in Arrays
- I'm comfortable with this, or some form of it.
- 03:44 am Bug #3899: Plussignment not working with templates
- AFAIK this should work - templates shouldn't affect it one way or another.
Matt, can you test this and see if it w...
- 03:43 am Feature #3848 (Accepted): Puppet should natively support bootstrapping from scratch.
- I kind of hate this, but I'd rather move here and get it wrong than keep stymying (yes, that's spelled correctly) pro...
- 03:29 am Feature #3921 (Closed): Facts should have the same terminus configurability as catalogs
- That is, we should have a 'facts_terminus' and 'facts_cache' setting.
This is getting ugly, and should really be d...
- 11:35 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3920 (Needs Decision): Site and tool should support signing or hashing module files
- To add some additional security the module tool and site should sign and/or hash module files and produce signatures ...
- 11:31 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3919 (Rejected): Tool should be able to build modules that ONLY provide types, functions...
- Modules can just be types, providers, functions and facts. Forge should allow this and/or document how to upload one.
- 11:20 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #3918 (Closed): Dashboard should support a notification subsystem
- The dashboard should generate notifications for failed runs or failure to check in. Notifications should include rel...
- 09:27 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3917 (Accepted): Display & Document Plug-ins in Forge Modules
- Description authored by Ryan Coleman (Forge Product Owner)
If a Forge module contains custom Puppet pl...
- 09:26 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3916 (Duplicate): Site should show documentation for a module's functions
- If a module includes any functions, this should be listed in the module's description page.
- 12:22 pm Feature #3871: Allow for searching in Arrays
- Brice was already planning on doing this, I believe. That's what he told me just before puppetcamp, anyway.
- 10:16 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #3534 (Closed): Dashboard should support ability to set variables as arrays in the ENC
- Using the split() function works fine.
- 11:10 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3915 (Rejected): System should provide testing and validation workflow
- CPAN has a testing workflow - so upon package submission volunteer testers can provide feedback on test runs:
- 11:03 pm Puppet Forge Feature #3914 (Investigating): Site should calculate and publish programmatic quality ratings for...
- It would be nice to include quality ratings much like The Cheese Shop does:
- 11:09 pm Facter Feature #2270: IPv6 should be supported.
- This looks like a duplicate of Feature #3502.
- 06:41 am Puppet Forge Feature #3903 (Closed): Site should have analytics
- Added in r0.1.6.
- 05:13 am Feature #3912 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): The client certificate name should be available a...
- 04:20 am Feature #3912: The client certificate name should be available as an internal fact
- Code sent to -dev list.
- 04:16 am Feature #3912 (Closed): The client certificate name should be available as an internal fact
- The client certificate name should be available as an internal fact
- 03:28 am Bug #3911 (Needs More Information): Puppet spins and bloats when it can't find a defined SMF mani...
- If manifest is set to /conf/foo.xml, and foo.xml does not exist, smf.rb does not throw an error. It keeps trying to r...
- 11:14 pm Bug #3910 (Accepted): Server is not authoritative over client environment when specified in an ENC
- This is more than the normal counter-intuitive - this has the potential to break things nastily.
- 10:49 pm Bug #3004 (Code Insufficient): zone resource on Solaris tries to change from 'running to running'...
- 10:46 pm Bug #3908 (Accepted): zone.rb doesn't refresh zone.xml if the zone is already built
- 10:36 pm Feature #3399: zone type should handle exclusive IP stacks
- I presume this is code going into 2.6?
- 07:20 pm Bug #3910 (Closed): Server is not authoritative over client environment when specified in an ENC
- See: http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-dev/browse_thread/thread/b609965e377392ec
To summarize, when the client...
- 04:12 pm Facter Bug #3909 (Closed): Strip trailing dots from domain fact
- On behalf of a puppet-users posted who did not want to create an additional login to file a bug:
I was stumbling o...
- 02:38 pm Bug #3908 (Needs More Information): zone.rb doesn't refresh zone.xml if the zone is already built
- If I build a zone, and then later add a delegated dataset, or another interface/IP, I'd rather not have to update bot...
- 01:56 pm Facter Bug #3898 (Accepted): fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
- 12:08 pm Bug #2162: Exit code 0 on failed puppetd execution
- Hmmm I think is reasonably important to fix - a lot of people rely on exit codes - Jesse is this invalidated by chang...
- 12:04 pm Bug #2162: Exit code 0 on failed puppetd execution
Is there any plan to fix this issue ?
I am using 0.25.4 and I see that this bug was opened one year ago...
- 11:39 am Bug #3836 (Accepted): External nodes should only capture stdout
- 11:35 am Bug #3904 (Accepted): Received annoying alert mails and reports after set "checksum => none" on F...
- 11:34 am Bug #3899 (Investigating): Plussignment not working with templates
- Hmmm I don't think this will work with a function but if so it should be throwing an error.
- 11:25 am Feature #3871 (Needs Decision): Allow for searching in Arrays
- 11:24 am Bug #3850 (Accepted): newaliases generates incorrect aliases file on openbsd
- 11:24 am Feature #3848 (Needs Decision): Puppet should natively support bootstrapping from scratch.
- +1 from me.
- 09:19 am Bug #3907 (Closed): Hashes can't be empty
- The following code fails:...
- 07:20 am Bug #3906 (Closed): uninitialized constant Puppet::Rails when using storeconfigs
- While setting up stored configs, I found that whenever I set storeconfigs = true I got the following message when run...
- 07:15 am Puppet Forge Bug #3905 (Closed): Tool's README should be nicely formatted, even for bulletted instructions
- There's a flaw in the README that's misformatting text in bullets, e.g.:
2. From a locally-built gem: Checkout...
- 06:32 am Bug #3904 (Closed): Received annoying alert mails and reports after set "checksum => none" on Fil...
- The fix on Bug #2929 did greatly improve the performance when doing client side file permission and mode check, but i...
- 06:29 am Puppet Forge Bug #3588 (Rejected): Sign up message needs editing
- Michael: Sorry, I'm giving up on this ticket. I've tried a number of times but can't figure out how you managed to ge...
- 03:11 am Puppet Forge Feature #3897: Site should make it easy to find the puppet-module tool
- I would recommend somewhere on the right hand side:
maybe between "register" and "search modules"
- 02:55 am Puppet Forge Feature #3903 (Closed): Site should have analytics
- 02:35 am Puppet Forge Feature #3870 (Closed): Tool should be published as a gem to gemcutter.org
- Closing. James published r0.3.0 to gemcutter.
- 02:33 am Puppet Forge Feature #3897 (Accepted): Site should make it easy to find the puppet-module tool
- Dan: Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we'd like to make it easy to find the tool. Do you have any suggestions on words t...
- 02:29 am Puppet Forge Feature #3896 (Accepted): Site homepage should show most recent/popular modules
- 02:28 am Puppet Forge Bug #3887: Site should use the special fonts, like those on the main site
- Michael: Thanks. Re: "priority", I wasn't sure how concerned you folks were about branding consistency. :)
- 02:26 am Puppet Forge Feature #3895 (Accepted): Site should allow user to sort listing of modules in different ways
- Michael: Agreed, thanks for the suggestion.
Useful sorts include:
* by module name, e.g. "apache" [default?]
- 02:21 am Puppet Forge Feature #3892 (Needs Decision): Site should support Open ID authentication
- Paul: Thank you for the honest feedback. I've gotten some more like this elsewhere too.
Michael (Product Manager):...
Also available in: Atom