The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com

Activity

From 10/21/2011 to 10/27/2011

10/28/2011

07:05 pm Feature #10328 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Schedule type should support selecting days of t...
Patch with tests in Github pull-request:
Commit: https://github.com/seanmil/puppet/commit/0f9a82a89f89764621d03008...
Sean Millichamp
06:01 pm Bug #10346 (Closed): Failing test on spec/unit/indirector/node/store_configs_spec.rb
On 2.7.x branch (2.7.6-49-gc5d90bd and 2.7.6-72-gdb403dd), running spec/unit/indirector/node/store_configs_spec.rb on... Matthaus Owens
05:50 pm Bug #9290: Puppet master fails with 'stack level too deep' error when storeconfigs = true with ra...
Same error with 2.7.6
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: stack level too...
Joshua Hoblitt

10/27/2011

03:55 pm Bug #9757 (Needs More Information): Child processes of puppet agent sometimes become zombies
Steve - can you try a 1.6.x version of Facter - I believe this was resolved in later Facter releases. Thanks. James Turnbull
03:54 pm Feature #10340 (Duplicate): file resource type should support creating parent tree
Steve - this is a duplicate of an earlier bug #86 - it's worth reading the very long thread in there to see why we do... James Turnbull
03:49 pm Bug #9757 (Needs Decision): Child processes of puppet agent sometimes become zombies
Facter version is 1.5.8
Steve Shipway
03:46 pm Feature #10340 (Duplicate): file resource type should support creating parent tree
if you have this resource:
file { '/usr/local/foo/bar': content=>'xxx', ensure=>present; }
but the directory /u...
Steve Shipway
02:16 pm Bug #10336: Hang for 600+ seconds during Puppet executing on nodes
So, this was part of the config on the module in question:
file { ["/tmp/nginx/proxy_cache", "/tmp/nginx/proxy_tmp...
Ken Perkins
01:37 pm Bug #10336 (Duplicate): Hang for 600+ seconds during Puppet executing on nodes
Whenever I run puppet on a specific type of node (3 different machines in 2 environments) I get a hang in the middle ... Ken Perkins
12:07 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #10333 (Accepted): Class "count" of nodes using that class fails to take groups into account.
I have a setup as per the attached image.
There is a group "pe_agents" that has the "pe_mcollective" class associa...
Nigel Kersten
10:46 am Bug #10289: Catalog compile fails when master can't write to fact_terminus
There is no simple code change I can see to fix this. Any fix requires an architectural change either to Puppet (deco... Nick Lewis
10:35 am Feature #10328 (Closed): Schedule type should support selecting days of the week
The schedule type should support the ability to select which days of the week the schedule would be considered valid.... Sean Millichamp
08:03 am Bug #10321 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Schedule type range parameter array support isn't wo...
Commit: https://github.com/seanmil/puppet/commit/be7c438a7923824fa04ad5f2d170ada80577ff50
Pull: https://github.com...
Sean Millichamp
09:11 pm Bug #10321 (Closed): Schedule type range parameter array support isn't working
There is a test that is supposed to make sure that you can pass an array to the 'range' parameter in the schedule typ... Sean Millichamp
07:19 pm Bug #10296: rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
I can confirm Justin's findings.
If I take the original spec code from master (before the diffs I posted) and repl...
Sean Millichamp

10/26/2011

04:30 pm Bug #10315: File resource with links=>follow fails to create the resource
Following directories is similar:... Josh Cooper
03:27 pm Bug #10315 (Duplicate): File resource with links=>follow fails to create the resource
Given a file /tmp/blah and symlink /tmp/hoho that points to /tmp/blah, and this manifest, ... Josh Cooper
03:06 pm Bug #9109 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel...
I've submitted [pull request 182](https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/182) to resolve this in 2.7.x.
(#9...
Jacob Helwig
02:08 pm Bug #9109: fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel and Puppet > 2.7.0
It looks like the problem comes about when using >= 2.7.0 clients with a master
running using mongrel. 2.7.0 switche...
Jacob Helwig
02:06 pm Facter Bug #7038 (Merged - Pending Release): Cannot use prtdiag in Solaris non-global zones
Ken Barber
02:04 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270 (Merged - Pending Release): Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
merged at <https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-dashboard/commit/9856e7bb6eb611d99aab7a658d4f5fb1b4a38ac2>
This wi...
Michael Stahnke
02:04 pm Facter Refactor #10309 (Closed): Standardize fixture handling using Puppets methodology
It was suggested by dpittman that we could use the fixture handling framework in Puppet:
<https://github.com/puppe...
Ken Barber
01:40 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
Pull: <https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-dashboard/pull/47>
Commit: <https://github.com/jgrocho/puppet-dashboar...
Jonathan Grochowski
01:05 pm Bug #10307: Confusing "valid values" documentation for exec
This would indicate that the latter statement is true and the former statement is false.
Wed Oct 26 20:03:48 +0000...
Jo Rhett
12:54 pm Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
With the updated tarball that I sent you, was facter running correctly or still demonstrating this bug? Adrien Thebo
12:53 pm Facter Bug #10241 (Duplicate): operatingsystem OEL is not correctly identified on OEL 6.1 and shows as R...
Behavior change merged in commit:7ff388c6dc5b58bedc5390f520f0c1f7493483f4 and released in 1.6.1 Adrien Thebo
12:45 pm Bug #10296: rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
(had a little free time during lunch and this sounded interesting, FWIW)
Changing these tests from ...
Justin Stoller
12:19 pm Bug #10266 (Rejected): Wrong closing bracket creates a "global manifest"
I don't think this is feasible. You've provided perfectly legitimate syntax that someone might use. How do we tell ... James Turnbull
12:16 pm Bug #10307 (Accepted): Confusing "valid values" documentation for exec
James Turnbull
12:15 pm Bug #10307 (Accepted): Confusing "valid values" documentation for exec
On the page http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/2.7.6/type.html#exec it says
Values are true, false, on_failur...
Jo Rhett
12:13 pm Bug #10296 (Accepted): rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
James Turnbull
11:57 am Standard Library Bug #8797 (Closed): stdlib: merge puppetlabs-functions with stdlib
Ken Barber
11:18 am Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
That is correct. I should have been clearer. Berry Sizemore
11:17 am Feature #7886: support gem repository in a directory in the filesystem
I closed the old pull request and opened another, because for the old pull request I checked in the change against my... jared jennings
11:05 am Bug #10289: Catalog compile fails when master can't write to fact_terminus
What Nigel said. It'd be great if it behaved like we documented it :) James Turnbull
10:56 am Bug #10289: Catalog compile fails when master can't write to fact_terminus
Do we really need to implement a queuing system here?
I believe our docs say (and we used to do this) that we writ...
Nigel Kersten
10:44 am Feature #7285: Use Augeas NO_LOAD/incl to optimise loading
Limiting the spec to run only when Augeas is available sounds reasonable for this thing, and should be pretty easy to... Jacob Helwig
10:33 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270 (Accepted): Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
Nevermind, I see the issue. I was looking at the wrong pattern. Arg. Sorry. Fix forthcoming.
Michael Stahnke
10:32 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270 (Needs More Information): Dashboard workers init script not quite functional

This appears to be fixed in the 1.2.2 rpm of puppet dashboard <http://downloads.puppetlabs.com/dashboard/puppet-das...
Michael Stahnke
10:27 am Bug #10299: Puppet.features.root? doesn't return true when running under as SYSTEM on Windows
We should be using [CheckTokenMembership](http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376389\(v=vs.85\)... Josh Cooper
10:00 am Bug #10299 (Closed): Puppet.features.root? doesn't return true when running under as SYSTEM on Wi...
On Windows, the SYSTEM (aka LocalSystem) account is not a member of the local Administrators group, so Puppet.feature... Josh Cooper
09:47 am Puppet Community Package Repository Refactor #9891: Packages ruby-mysql (and it's deps) should be in the community repo
+1 for us packaging instead of relying on EPEL Garrett Honeycutt
09:40 am Facter Feature #10268: fact to determine gateway
Garrett Honeycutt wrote:
> Feature request to have a fact that determines the gateway. Handy in templating /etc/sysc...
Krzysztof Wilczynski
09:36 am Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
Barry - just to confirm you then installed Facter from that zip file? James Turnbull
09:34 am Facter Bug #10241: operatingsystem OEL is not correctly identified on OEL 6.1 and shows as RedHat
Can you please update with the status of this request if patches have already been submitted? Are we merged and pendi... Garrett Honeycutt
09:17 am Bug #10296: rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
This was against a recent update from the master branch.
I am running on Fedora 15 using the Ruby 1.8.7 that ships...
Sean Millichamp
09:09 am Bug #10296 (Needs More Information): rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
Good catch. Sean - what Puppet version? James Turnbull
09:08 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10294 (Closed): No delay_jobs script in Ubuntu LTS 10.04 package
James Turnbull
08:44 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #10297 (Accepted): Basic Radiator View
This is a great idea. My two initial concerns with the implementation are that it adds another top-level navigation ... Anonymous
08:35 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #10297 (Closed): Basic Radiator View
Basic radiator view for status-board style monitoring by an Ops group.
https://github.com/robsweet/puppet-dashboard
Anonymous
06:56 am Facter Bug #10271: Amazon Linux operatingsytem and operatingsystemrelease and osfamily facts do not work
I presume this is for Amazon Linux not CloudLinux?
Looks like the usage of lsb tools was not the correct path:
...
Ken Barber
05:33 am Bug #10296: rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
After giving this a few seconds more thought, I am increasing this to High priority. I know that the testing framewo... Sean Millichamp
05:31 am Bug #10296 (Closed): rspec unit tests are not reporting failure when they should be
I was working on a patch to the schedule type and as part of this I was writing some additional unit tests into the s... Sean Millichamp
02:53 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10294: No delay_jobs script in Ubuntu LTS 10.04 package
Well... my fault.... I was in a machine with a previous version (1.1.0)
All is working as expected in the 1.2.2rc2
...
Jordi Espasa
01:56 am Bug #9109: fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel and Puppet > 2.7.0
I can also confirm that this happens on freshly installed RHEL 5.7, with puppet 2.7.6 (from puppetlabs repo) and fact... Marek Kroemeke
01:15 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10294 (Closed): No delay_jobs script in Ubuntu LTS 10.04 package
Hi,
After a fresh installation following the official documentation I'm trying to start the /etc/init.d/puppet-das...
Jordi Espasa
12:57 am Feature #7285: Use Augeas NO_LOAD/incl to optimise loading
Jacob Helwig wrote:
> In going to review your branch for this I noticed that there weren't any tests. Before I dig ...
Dominic Cleal
12:32 am Bug #10266: Wrong closing bracket creates a "global manifest"
Sorry,
there was a mistake in the error description / example,
there was not a braket to mutch, it was on the wrong p...
Martin Mades
12:17 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270: Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
I have run into this issue as well. The version of dashboard installed is puppet-dashboard-1.2.1-1.el6.noarch. I am... Cory Stoker
07:55 pm Bug #10291 (Accepted): Puppet manifests fail when UTF-8 non-breaking space (0xc2a0) is used as wh...
... Oliver Hookins
06:06 pm Facter Bug #10271 (Accepted): Amazon Linux operatingsytem and operatingsystemrelease and osfamily facts ...
Dan Bode
05:42 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270: Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
To clarify, we find the line with without the .*.pid, just *.pid in all of our scripts, even looking back through git... Michael Stahnke
05:25 pm Bug #10289: Catalog compile fails when master can't write to fact_terminus
The obvious short term solution is to produce a custom queue terminus for that process, like we have one for StoreCon... Anonymous
05:06 pm Bug #10289 (Closed): Catalog compile fails when master can't write to fact_terminus
Workflow us:
1. Client connects
1. Client sends facts
1. Master tries to send facts to fact_terminus = rest
1. ...
James Turnbull

10/25/2011

04:33 pm Standard Library Refactor #10285 (Merged - Pending Release): Puppetlabs-stdlib parsejson
Nice one dude :-).
As long as it doesn't break things like I've seen ZAML do :-). (ie. OMAP support :-).
Ken Barber
04:31 pm Bug #10269: When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with read perm...
This is broken when creating a new directory, because the dirmask'ing is occurring while munging the mode property, w... Josh Cooper
04:13 pm Bug #9109 (Investigating): fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel and Puppet > 2.7.0
I'm able to reproduce this with a fresh CentOS 6 x86_64 VM, with the following setup (and their dependencies):
* P...
Jacob Helwig
03:55 pm Bug #8342 (Duplicate): facts not available to mongrels behind nginx
I'm quite sure this is a dupe of #9109, which we have more people watching right now. Nigel Kersten
03:49 pm Standard Library Refactor #10285 (Closed): Puppetlabs-stdlib parsejson
Per discussion with Michael about packing json/json_pure gem. We should use the pson library instead of json which is... Nan Liu
03:11 pm Bug #9109: fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel and Puppet > 2.7.0
ok, so some troubleshooting should make it easier for someone to actually fix this.
When running against mongrel, ...
Nigel Kersten
02:45 pm Bug #9109: fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel and Puppet > 2.7.0
I just reproduced this running Puppet out of the 2.7rc branch, using my own mongrel startup script.
Nigel Kersten
02:38 pm Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
I downloaded the zip file found here: https://github.com/adrienthebo/facter/zipball/ticket/1.6.x/7038-safe_prtdiag_o... Berry Sizemore
02:34 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Bug #10280 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Present yum.puppetlabs.com information in a prettier...
There is a tool called repoview (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=repoview&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=ht... Michael Stahnke
02:27 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270: Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
We can't seem to find that exact line anywhere. Can you give us some more information on what platform and exact vers... Jonathan Grochowski
02:13 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Refactor #8473: Refactor yum.puppetlabs.com layout
Dashboard is absolutely packaged and available. It's in /el. It's only available in el6 by default, because it need ... Michael Stahnke
02:10 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Refactor #9891 (Accepted): Packages ruby-mysql (and it's deps) should be in the community repo
For the most part, I am trying to make it so EPEL won't be a dependency to have a feature-rich puppet installation. ... Michael Stahnke
02:04 pm Bug #10244: Mongrel server fails to start even though mongrel is installed
The mongrel patch is being carried in the Puppet Labs packages on yum.puppetlabs.com
Just a note in case some wand...
Michael Stahnke
01:41 pm Facter Bug #10278 (Accepted): some facts do not work with locales set
Ken Barber
01:23 pm Facter Bug #2179: IP support calls 'ip' and 'ifconfig' ridiculous numbers of times
One could also improve a lot using faster APIs where possible, for example by reading from /sys/class/net/ethx/addres... Bernhard Schmidt
01:19 pm Facter Bug #10278 (Accepted): some facts do not work with locales set
facter does not clean locale environment variables prior to executing commands and sometimes falls over the localized... Bernhard Schmidt
12:46 pm Bug #7199: Mysql deadlock with inventory enabled
What is the status of this bug? We are trying to use the inventory service on our puppet system with a little over 1... Jason Smith
12:33 pm Feature #9687: Improve structure of messages logged to syslog
Wil - this sounds like something to be taken to the puppet-user list and pose the question. James Turnbull
12:32 pm Feature #9687: Improve structure of messages logged to syslog
James Turnbull wrote:
> Not a criticism Wil but does anyone other than Splunk use CIM? Wouldn't it be easier to buil...
Wil Cooley
11:20 am Bug #9544 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): package spec may fail if not run as root
Stefan Schulte
11:20 am Bug #9544: package spec may fail if not run as root
I stubbed the call to eix-update here because I guess modifying the current system is something you generally want to... Stefan Schulte
11:07 am Bug #10244 (Merged - Pending Release): Mongrel server fails to start even though mongrel is insta...
This has been fixed in the 2.6.x, and 2.7.x branches.
* 2.6.x: As of commit:7514d325c01ee105c04e3dda8d248d3023a07b...
Jacob Helwig
10:45 am Facter Feature #10268 (Accepted): fact to determine gateway
Ken Barber
10:38 am Facter Bug #10271 (Closed): Amazon Linux operatingsytem and operatingsystemrelease and osfamily facts do...
I am using the latest AMI (ami-7f418316) for Amazon Linux and it has no /etc/redhat-release
In the documentation (...
Dan Bode
10:31 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10270 (Closed): Dashboard workers init script not quite functional
Hi,
the puppet-dashboard-workers init script does not correctly start the delayed_jobs unless you replace:
for ...
Michael Stahnke
10:20 am Bug #10266 (Needs More Information): Wrong closing bracket creates a "global manifest"
I get a syntax error when I run this code on 2.7.x and 2.6.6:... James Turnbull
10:18 am Bug #9544: package spec may fail if not run as root
Hm, one could surround the... Stefan Schulte
10:08 am Bug #10269: When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with read perm...
James Turnbull wrote:
> Justin - what version did you upgrade from?
I upgraded from 2.7.5.
Justin Bronn
09:55 am Bug #10269: When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with read perm...
This only happens when initially creating the file. After a second run, the mode is properly set. So it looks like mo... Nick Lewis
09:54 am Bug #10269: When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with read perm...
This was broken in commit:22bfd9ce83ff52d909a43c370ba71112ed4961a4 which was first released in 2.7.6 Josh Cooper
09:50 am Bug #10269 (Accepted): When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit wit...
James Turnbull
09:43 am Bug #10269: When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with read perm...
On 2.6.6 I get:... James Turnbull
09:39 am Bug #10269 (Needs More Information): When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/tr...
James Turnbull
09:38 am Bug #10269: When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with read perm...
Justin - what version did you upgrade from? James Turnbull
09:38 am Bug #10269 (Needs Decision): When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse b...
James Turnbull
09:07 am Facter Bug #10261: Facter reports incorrect windows architecture
The behavior you are seeing on Windows was actually done intentionally, because we wanted to have the same parity as ... Josh Cooper
09:06 am Bug #2848 (Closed): Certdnsnames apply during certificate signing rather than CSR creation
This has been resolved with the release of CVE-2011-3872. Anonymous
09:04 am Puppet Community Package Repository Bug #10090 (Closed): Lenny repo is missing the puppet package
James Turnbull
09:04 am Bug #9109: fact and node caches not written to disk with Mongrel and Puppet > 2.7.0
Same problem here:
Clean install of:
CentOS 6<br>
puppet 2.7.5<br>
facter 1.6.2<br>
ruby 1.8.7<br>
nginx 0.8.54
N...
Tim Yim
08:45 am Bug #9192: service (launchd) provider fails on OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Merlin,
Have you checked out the code in the test branch and run it in your environment? https://github.com/glari...
Gary Larizza
08:41 am Bug #10269 (Closed): When creating directories, puppet does not set the search/traverse bit with ...
There's been a regression with file resources in 2.7.6. For example, let's say you have the following in a manifest ... Justin Bronn
07:29 am Facter Feature #10268 (Code Insufficient): fact to determine gateway
Feature request to have a fact that determines the gateway. Handy in templating /etc/sysconfig/network on a EL system... Garrett Honeycutt
07:08 am Bug #9594: DNS queries by puppet are not cached - can lead to very poor performance
version 2.7.1
my regular puppetd --test time jumps from seconds to minutes (~10 seconds -> ~30 minutes) when the dns...
Omry Yadan
06:30 am Facter Bug #7038: Cannot use prtdiag in Solaris non-global zones
Added some review comments to the pull request Adrien. Ken Barber
06:28 am Bug #9192: service (launchd) provider fails on OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Can we not just get the code changed from '==' to '>=' in those 3 occurrences? (lines 214, 239 and 254)
Surely it is ...
Merlin Hartley
06:15 am Bug #10266 (Rejected): Wrong closing bracket creates a "global manifest"
Hello,
I run in following big trouble:
Editing a manifest, which is only used function-group.
A cut and paste mi...
Martin Mades
06:15 am Facter Feature #9599 (Tests Insufficient): Add Nexenta to operatingsystem fact
Shubhra submitted: <https://github.com/puppetlabs/facter/pull/88>
Made some comments on tests - commit message, and ...
Ken Barber
03:23 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #7696: Inventory service 'Custom query' page should be more functional
Hi,
I'd like to add my support for the above. A couple of things that would be useful to me is searching using so...
Craig Smith
03:15 am Bug #10244: Mongrel server fails to start even though mongrel is installed
puppet 2.6.11 source 3files copy
puppet/network/http_server.rb
puppet/network/http_server/mongrel.rb
puppet/net...
yasuhiro yoshida
02:53 am Bug #9656: Coalesce pending notifies for service resources that initially weren't running
In puppet 2.7.3, 2.7.6-1puppetlabs1 on ubuntu the ticket still reproduces. Timur Batyrshin
01:56 am Puppet Community Package Repository Bug #10090: Lenny repo is missing the puppet package
Seems to work:... Walter Heck
11:46 pm Facter Bug #10261 (Accepted): Facter reports incorrect windows architecture
James Turnbull
11:44 pm Bug #10219 (Accepted): uninitialized class variable @@scale in Puppet::Type::Schedule::ParameterP...
James Turnbull
11:42 pm Feature #9592 (Needs Decision): notify resource type is a bit verbose
James Turnbull
11:41 pm Bug #9901 (Needs More Information): 2.7.3 ubuntu package triggers 'Kernel.daemonize is too danger...
I have a vague memory of discussing this with you Daniel? Un-assign if I am wrong. It's from this patch:
https:/...
James Turnbull
11:36 pm Feature #9846 (Accepted): Add option to store report to limit the number of reports retained
Seems reasonable - fancy tackling a patch? Happy to help. James Turnbull
11:35 pm Bug #9833 (Accepted): Improve password validation on Windows
James Turnbull
11:34 pm Bug #9782 (Needs Decision): Puppet (err): Could not find class <foo> for <host> in 2.7.3 on undef...
James Turnbull
11:33 pm Bug #9655 (Needs Decision): Strange behaviour with collections and package providers
Am I missing why this doesn't work? James Turnbull
11:32 pm Bug #9774 (Needs More Information): package versions using the *BSD package providers can have no...
Can you submit this as a pull request/branch to the puppet-dev list please? Let me know if you want help with it. James Turnbull
11:31 pm Bug #9757 (Needs More Information): Child processes of puppet agent sometimes become zombies
Steve - what Facter version are you running? James Turnbull
11:29 pm Bug #9685 (Closed): first run with the newly compiled catalog will not report the changes made to...
I'm going to close this since it seems to have gone away and I can't replicate it. We can re-open if the issue is fou... James Turnbull
11:29 pm Bug #9322 (Accepted): Resource defaults are not seen in defines
James Turnbull
11:26 pm Bug #9322: Resource defaults are not seen in defines
It was 2.7.3 the last time i've checked Alexander Piavlo
11:26 pm Bug #9656 (Needs More Information): Coalesce pending notifies for service resources that initiall...
I can't replicate this in 2.7.x - Peter have you seen it? James Turnbull
11:21 pm Bug #9671 (Needs Decision): transaction eval_generate slow on many files in recurse managed direc...
This is a regression we should look at. James Turnbull
11:20 pm Bug #6863 (Closed): extlookup should handle arrays as default values
Fixed at least in 2.7.3 James Turnbull
11:05 pm Bug #6863: extlookup should handle arrays as default values
This bug should be updated because [] now works since at least 2.7.3 but not in the old ones (at least 2.6.7 can't ta... Simon Effenberg
10:34 pm Bug #9671 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): transaction eval_generate slow on many files in recur...
Simon Effenberg
10:33 pm Bug #9671: transaction eval_generate slow on many files in recurse managed directory
Yes because the code in the transaction.rb was completely different in 2.6. And the time is "wasted" there (or more e... Simon Effenberg
08:17 pm Facter Feature #9599: Add Nexenta to operatingsystem fact
Added code in Github Facter and sent pull request. shubhra sinha varma
07:11 pm Bug #9597: Puppetd doesn't know a hostname changed.
This was on 2.7.x, I'm not sure exactly which version - whatever was the latest when I filed the ticket! In step 5 i... Anonymous
07:08 pm Bug #9843 (Closed): puppet-2.7.5-1.el5.noarch.rpm isn't properly signed
This issue was discussed on #puppet and reolved by one of the devs less than an hour after this ticket was opened. Joshua Hoblitt
06:47 pm Bug #9685: first run with the newly compiled catalog will not report the changes made to the syst...
I'm sorry -- to answer your question, yes the change would happen the first time but would not be reported to us in t... Jo Rhett
06:46 pm Bug #9685: first run with the newly compiled catalog will not report the changes made to the syst...
Sorry, was running --test both times.
Note: this was with webrick on puppet 2.6.6. We are now using passenger and...
Jo Rhett
06:25 pm Bug #9671 (Needs More Information): transaction eval_generate slow on many files in recurse manag...
And this changed between 2.6 and 2.7? The performance that is? James Turnbull
06:24 pm Bug #9685 (Needs More Information): first run with the newly compiled catalog will not report the...
Jo - just so I make sure I get this - it changes it BOTH times and only reports it once? And you're running --test th... James Turnbull
06:21 pm Feature #9687 (Needs More Information): Improve structure of messages logged to syslog
Not a criticism Wil but does anyone other than Splunk use CIM? Wouldn't it be easier to build an upstream parser tha... James Turnbull
06:20 pm Feature #9424 (Needs More Information): ENC point in time problem
You can easily access fact values in either? I have several ENC's that query fact yaml data during runs. Am I missi... James Turnbull
06:20 pm Facter Bug #10261 (Closed): Facter reports incorrect windows architecture
Facter on windows reports the wrong architecture.
Corey Osman
06:18 pm Bug #9544 (Needs More Information): package spec may fail if not run as root
Ideas on how to address this? James Turnbull
06:18 pm Bug #9586: "Could not find a default provider for user" breaks puppetmasterd on OpenBSD
Probably should be looked at sooner rather than later given it breaks the provider. James Turnbull
06:17 pm Bug #9586 (Accepted): "Could not find a default provider for user" breaks puppetmasterd on OpenBSD
James Turnbull
06:15 pm Bug #9594 (Needs More Information): DNS queries by puppet are not cached - can lead to very poor ...
What version were you testing? Some query and performance data would also be awesome. James Turnbull
06:13 pm Feature #9623 (Needs Decision): service does not manage start/stop priority
James Turnbull
06:12 pm Feature #9415 (Tests Insufficient): use IPv4 netmasks in allow statements in config files
James Turnbull
06:12 pm Bug #9638 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): additional test cases for authstore allow entries
Jim - any chance you can turn this into a git branch and submit it to the Puppet-dev list as a patch? James Turnbull
06:07 pm Bug #9617 (Needs Decision): Puppet uses insecure file checksums
James Turnbull
06:06 pm Bug #9597 (Needs More Information): Puppetd doesn't know a hostname changed.
Ashley - what version are you running? What hostname does the cert request in 5/ get? James Turnbull
06:04 pm Feature #9537 (Needs Decision): configurable nice value (explicitly on service and exec calls)
James Turnbull
05:33 pm Feature #9596 (Accepted): Apply for registered port number with IANA
Sure - Garrett you're welcome to put this together and submit it. James Turnbull
05:31 pm Bug #9506 (Needs Decision): Puppet 'user' and 'group' providers are case-sensitive on Windows
James Turnbull
05:31 pm Feature #9477 (Accepted): Bash completion script for puppet faces/legacy subcommands
James Turnbull
05:31 pm Feature #9472 (Needs Decision): Face actions should have the same license attribute as the Face t...
James Turnbull
05:30 pm Feature #9454 (Accepted): The host type should allow multiple IP addresses for a host
James Turnbull
05:30 pm Bug #9322 (Needs More Information): Resource defaults are not seen in defines
What version is this? James Turnbull
05:29 pm Bug #9385 (Accepted): Case sensitive .pp files
It's now being enforced. Passed to Nick to document. James Turnbull
05:28 pm Bug #9443 (Accepted): Faces should allow numbers in their names
James Turnbull
05:27 pm Bug #10146 (Needs Decision): Puppet interpolates variables differently in 2.7.x
James Turnbull
05:26 pm Bug #10135 (Duplicate): Spurious message about "manages_aix_lam" when managing groups on OS X 10.7
James Turnbull
05:24 pm Bug #9843 (Needs More Information): puppet-2.7.5-1.el5.noarch.rpm isn't properly signed
James Turnbull
05:24 pm Feature #10248 (Needs Decision): Document fact access in templates using instance variables
James Turnbull
05:21 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Refactor #9891 (Needs Decision): Packages ruby-mysql (and it's deps) should be in the community repo
James Turnbull
05:17 pm Puppet Forge Feature #10072 (Accepted): Puppet Module Tool should handle module upgrades
James Turnbull
05:16 pm Bug #2335 (Closed): SELinux tests broken
James Turnbull
05:14 pm Feature #9584 (Needs Decision): Instrumentation Framework
James Turnbull
05:13 pm Facter Feature #10238 (Needs Decision): Add support for identifying block devices to Facter
James Turnbull
05:13 pm Facter Bug #10225 (Needs Decision): virtual fact does not detect linux vserver host/guest correctly
James Turnbull

10/24/2011

04:43 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Refactor #8473: Refactor yum.puppetlabs.com layout
Just curious, does the advent of puppet enterprise and the removal of the yum.puppetlabs.com/base mean that there is ... Paul Gear
04:43 pm Bug #10258 (Closed): LDAP node indirector broken
Get the following error when LDAP nodes are used:... James Turnbull
04:23 pm Bug #9854: extlookup_datadir and extlookup_precedence not being set in puppet 2.7.1
this hit me in my upgrade to 2.7.6 (http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users/browse_thread/thread/be06320cb50bbf8e... Jason Koppe
04:02 pm Feature #7285 (Tests Insufficient): Use Augeas NO_LOAD/incl to optimise loading
Dominic,
In going to review your branch for this I noticed that there weren't any tests. Before I dig in to add s...
Jacob Helwig
03:14 pm Feature #9838 (Closed): Puppet Resource RAL terminus save should return report
Released in 2.7.6 Jonathan Grochowski
03:14 pm Refactor #9837 (Closed): Refactor `puppet resource` application
Released in 2.7.6 Jonathan Grochowski
03:04 pm Bug #5241: puppetd ignores local ca.pem when connecting to master for the first time
Puppet::Network::HttpPool#cert_setup doesn't configure its SSL context if either the Puppet[:hostcert] or Puppet[:loc... Josh Cooper
02:45 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #9446 (Merged - Pending Release): Create puppetlabs community release package with rpm re...
Fedora packages for 14 and f15 have been created. Will add F16 upon it's release. Michael Stahnke
02:38 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #9658 (Needs More Information): Package 2.7.3 for Lucid
Puppet 2.7.6 was added today. Can I close this? Michael Stahnke
02:37 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Bug #10090 (Accepted): Lenny repo is missing the puppet package
We added Puppet 2.7.6 today to lenny. It looks like it requires backports be enabled to work.
Any chance you co...
Michael Stahnke
02:27 pm Facter Feature #10251 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Creating tarballs of RC's requires too much manu...
Commit: <https://github.com/jgrocho/facter/commit/ce67c985d22fee95ae2efb554158cea9d9ee29fe>
Pull: <https://github.co...
Jonathan Grochowski
02:13 pm Facter Feature #10251 (Closed): Creating tarballs of RC's requires too much manual intervention.
Generating the tarballs for RC’s currently requires too much manual work, which should be handled automatically via t... Jonathan Grochowski
02:04 pm Feature #10081 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Creating tarballs of RC's requires too much manu...
Commit: <https://github.com/jgrocho/puppet/commit/a5e50dcbcb8215b6141c35de834e3332f9a2d9b9>
Pull: <https://github.co...
Jonathan Grochowski
01:27 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #10249 (Closed): Message column in report log can blow up layout
Looking at a report's "Log" tab, if the "Message" column contains unbroken text, the layout can blow up. We have a t... Anonymous
01:15 pm Feature #10248 (Closed): Document fact access in templates using instance variables
In a template facts can be accessed using _@operatingsystem_, this should be documented and supported long term.
T...
R.I. Pienaar
12:03 pm Facter Bug #10241: operatingsystem OEL is not correctly identified on OEL 6.1 and shows as RedHat
Oracle rebranded OEL as Oracle Linux, and submitted patches to facter to rename the operating system accordingly. Adrien Thebo
11:11 am Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
If you could try running the branch of facter listed above, that should resolve the issue. Let me know the outcome of... Adrien Thebo
11:07 am Facter Bug #7038: Cannot use prtdiag in Solaris non-global zones
Rewrote the patch against 1.6.2. Adrien Thebo
10:38 am Facter Feature #10228 (Merged - Pending Release): Add support for Ascendos to facter
Merged. Ken Barber
10:37 am Bug #10244: Mongrel server fails to start even though mongrel is installed
This affects both `2.6.12` and `2.7.6`. Jacob Helwig
10:16 am Bug #10244 (Closed): Mongrel server fails to start even though mongrel is installed
... Nick Lewis
09:30 am Facter Bug #9482 (Accepted): Fact virtual and is_virtual wrong for Solaris VM inside KVM/QEMU
Adrien Thebo
07:58 am Facter Bug #10241: operatingsystem OEL is not correctly identified on OEL 6.1 and shows as RedHat
This change was believed to happen at either OEL 5.6 or 5.7. Garrett Honeycutt
07:50 am Facter Bug #10241 (Duplicate): operatingsystem OEL is not correctly identified on OEL 6.1 and shows as R...
facter's operatingsystem.rb checks for /etc/enterprise-release to check if a system is running OEL or OVS using facte... Garrett Honeycutt
07:40 am Facter Bug #7723: virtual xenu incorrectly detected on newer kernels.
Isn't this fixed by commit:16a8cabba91b7737dfe33227e7f155738a50d60b in Facter 1.6.2? Bernhard Schmidt
07:21 am Facter Bug #8210: virtual fact should work for EL kvm guests
This has become worse in 1.6.2, because in 1.6.1 the guest was at least (incorrectly, see bug #7723) detected as xenu... Bernhard Schmidt
07:16 am Feature #7241: Group membership should be a type of its own.
Stefan Schulte wrote:
> There already is ;-) Try the [`membership` parameter][1]
Ah nice, I missed that one. Tha...
Jeremy Huntwork
09:09 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #10205: Please add augeas-libs and ruby-augeas packages to yum.puppetlabs.com
This is now fixed in EL6. New packages will go up at the next push.
EL5 pending.
Michael Stahnke

10/23/2011

03:10 pm Facter Feature #10228: Add support for Ascendos to facter
Ken,
I'll try to catch you on IRC (I'm jpalmer) as there are a couple things I'd like to talk with you about (some ...
Jeff Palmer
03:07 pm Bug #10237 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): An empty array of principals to k5login type does no...
Stefan Schulte
03:07 pm Bug #10237: An empty array of principals to k5login type does not empty the .k5login.
I went for the first solution and added some tests. This changes the behaviour of any type that uses `array_matching ... Stefan Schulte
02:23 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #10205: Please add augeas-libs and ruby-augeas packages to yum.puppetlabs.com
I've removed augeas for now. I'll try to fix this up later today. Michael Stahnke
02:20 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #10205: Please add augeas-libs and ruby-augeas packages to yum.puppetlabs.com
Thanks for point this out. On it. Michael Stahnke
02:00 pm Facter Feature #10238 (Closed): Add support for identifying block devices to Facter
I've written a simple fact for Facter which parses /sys/block/ on Linux to identify block devices attached to the mac... Jason Gill
01:41 pm Bug #10237: An empty array of principals to k5login type does not empty the .k5login.
I agree with you, an empty array should remove any principals that might appear in the file.
FWIW this is due to t...
Stefan Schulte
01:40 pm Feature #8465 (Accepted): allow SSL on reporturl
Nigel Kersten
01:12 pm Feature #8465 (Needs Decision): allow SSL on reporturl
Well I've updated the patch to support both verify and non-verify.
https://github.com/barn/puppet/commit/c441f796520...
Ben Hughes
12:41 pm Bug #10237 (Code Insufficient): An empty array of principals to k5login type does not empty the ....
Running 2.6.6 on RHEL6.1 and starting with a non-empty /root/.k5login
# cat /root/.k5login
me@CERN.CH
...
Steve Traylen
12:27 pm Bug #10236 (Needs More Information): /root/.k5login created with wrong selinux context.
Running puppet 2.6.6 with RHEL 6.1 using a configuration of
k5login {'/root/.k5login': principals => 'me@CER...
Steve Traylen
12:07 pm Bug #10146: Puppet interpolates variables differently in 2.7.x
Brice Figureau wrote:
> 2.7 has a completely rewritten string interpolation.
> '-' is valid in a variable name. It...
Henrik Lindberg
09:23 am Facter Feature #10228: Add support for Ascendos to facter
I'm downloading the pre-alpha to check it out as well myself - for validation and curiosity reasons.
I just cracke...
Ken Barber
04:53 am Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #10205: Please add augeas-libs and ruby-augeas packages to yum.puppetlabs.com
Seems like the dependencies broke when ruby-augeas-0.4.1 was added to the repo? Now that wants augeas-libs >= 0.8.0 w... Jan Ivar Beddari
11:36 pm Bug #10234 (Accepted): failed puppet apply makes delayed_job workers crash and disk fills up with...
A failed puppet apply has unicode (or something) in the message, this makes delayed_job die when trying to process th... Evgeny Zislis
10:50 pm Bug #9290: Puppet master fails with 'stack level too deep' error when storeconfigs = true with ra...
Same Error with 2.7.5 Jan Hebler
06:50 pm Facter Feature #10228 (Tests Insufficient): Add support for Ascendos to facter
1 tiny thing Jeff. Can you add a test to spec/unit/operatingsystem_spec.rb? Take a look at the Scientific Linux one f... Ken Barber
06:40 pm Facter Feature #10228 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Add support for Ascendos to facter
Looking now. Don't stress I'll clean it up for you :-). Ken Barber
06:00 pm Facter Feature #10228: Add support for Ascendos to facter
Ken,
I'm newish to git, and have no idea what a squash or rebase is. Sorry.
I've done the 'git commit --amend' an...
Jeff Palmer
05:18 pm Facter Feature #10232: virtual: Get virtual information from sysfs (no dmidecode and lspci on virtualbox)
Ken Barber wrote:
> When you say 'minimal install' you mean lack of the dmidecode command I suppose? Just wanting to...
Mikael Fridh

10/22/2011

03:12 pm Facter Feature #10233: Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Thanks for your contribution Jason :-). Ken Barber
03:10 pm Facter Feature #10233 (Merged - Pending Release): Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Ken Barber
03:07 pm Feature #7241: Group membership should be a type of its own.
Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> There is another workaround that I can see: change the groups param of the user type to be ...
Stefan Schulte
03:04 pm Facter Feature #10233 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to F...
Ken Barber
02:25 pm Facter Feature #10232 (Accepted): virtual: Get virtual information from sysfs (no dmidecode and lspci on...
When you say 'minimal install' you mean lack of the dmidecode command I suppose? Just wanting to be clear for others ... Ken Barber
01:45 pm Facter Feature #10233: Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Ken, Thanks! PSBM is basically just a pre-rolled distro that includes Virtuozzo (aka OpenVZ) and Parallels Server (th... Jason Gill
01:38 pm Facter Feature #10233: Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Updated with a 1.6.x rebase and slightly modified commit message from Jason's work to my repo. Ken Barber
01:35 pm Facter Feature #10233: Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Thanks Jason - I'm going to put it into 1.6.x. Downloading the trial ISO to take a look at it. Ken Barber
01:18 pm Facter Feature #10233: Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
For reference, here is the contents of /etc/redhat-release on a few of my PBSM production machines (each different ve... Jason Gill
01:14 pm Facter Feature #10233 (Investigating): Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Looking. Ken Barber
01:09 pm Feature #7241: Group membership should be a type of its own.
The stable documentation already says that the parameter 'members' exists where the feature 'manages_members' is avai... Jeremy Huntwork
12:40 pm Bug #6371 (Merged - Pending Release): changing users password does not reset lastchg field.
merged into 2.7.x as commit:6ef1d3a Stefan Schulte
12:35 pm Facter Feature #10233: Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
I've created a patch and submitted a pull request at Github:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/facter/pull/85
Jason Gill
12:29 pm Facter Feature #10233 (Closed): Add support for Parallels Server Bare Metal to Facter
Parallels Server Bare Metal is a RHEL-based distro made for web hosting companies; currently, Facter identifies PSBM ... Jason Gill
12:04 pm Facter Feature #10232 (Closed): virtual: Get virtual information from sysfs (no dmidecode and lspci on v...
https://github.com/puppetlabs/facter/pull/83#issuecomment-2485524
"
I found that the virtual fact said "physical"...
Mikael Fridh
04:25 am Bug #10066: puppet agent --fingerprint should not daemonize
I believe we don't want to fork. --fingerprint shouldn't daemonize at all. Brice Figureau
04:19 am Facter Feature #10228 (Requires CLA to be signed): Add support for Ascendos to facter
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the submission :-).
Can you please sign the Contributor License Agreement? We'll need that ...
Ken Barber
04:12 am Feature #10111: Puppet should deprecate the use of CRLs and move towards OCSP
+1
OCSP is supported in ruby at least since 1.8.6. I'm not sure about the previous versions.
Brice Figureau
04:10 am Bug #10146: Puppet interpolates variables differently in 2.7.x
2.7 has a completely rewritten string interpolation.
'-' is valid in a variable name. It shouldn't be valid when us...
Brice Figureau
07:36 pm Facter Feature #10228 (Closed): Add support for Ascendos to facter
I've submitted a pull request which allows facter to properly identify Ascendos (A new RHEL rebuild)
https://githu...
Jeff Palmer

10/21/2011

04:22 pm Facter Bug #10225 (Investigating): virtual fact does not detect linux vserver host/guest correctly
the virtual fact does not work on vserver 2.3.1 because /proc/virtual is hidden but still detected by facter:
The ...
ghislain -
02:44 pm Bug #10219 (Closed): uninitialized class variable @@scale in Puppet::Type::Schedule::ParameterPer...
Trying to update to latest stable ruby 1.9.2 (1.9.2 p290) and ran into:... Jacob McCann
01:25 pm Bug #8062 (Tests Insufficient): yum package ensure=>latest not checking the epoch tag
Comment on the pull request:
@jude Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this pull request. This k...
Jacob Helwig
11:34 am Bug #9388: Agent not respecting environment
We are using Mongrel as well. Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
11:24 am Bug #6371 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): changing users password does not reset lastchg field.
Merritt,
I've updated the tests, and made a small tweak to the original implementation to make it easier to test. ...
Jacob Helwig
11:08 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10198 (Merged - Pending Release): Dashboard node groups have display artifacts when there ar...
Merged at <https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-dashboard/commit/e5e64fc251cf470b5dfb80e8c571414b0c2b2e7c> Michael Stahnke
10:44 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #10198 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Dashboard node groups have display artifacts when th...
Added clearfix, bumped conditional up one level to hide daily run status when no nodes are in the group (commit 5d44d... Anonymous
10:28 am Bug #9388: Agent not respecting environment
Nigel Kersten wrote:
> For those of you affected, are you running your master under webrick? passenger? unicorn? mon...
Cody Robertson
09:44 am Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
This seems to be something specific to running in a non-global zone. Running facter by hand produces:
:/root: /o...
Dan Hogland
09:27 am Puppet Community Package Repository Bug #10209 (Merged - Pending Release): Monitor yum repo dependencies with repoclosure
yum.puppetlabs should have repoclosure run on it regularly, with the only assumption being base OS repos + yum.puppet... Michael Stahnke
09:25 am Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #10205: Please add augeas-libs and ruby-augeas packages to yum.puppetlabs.com
Looks like augeas-libs is in core for EL6. Michael Stahnke
09:25 am Bug #4694: Storeconfig issue with AR/MySQL
My problem was indeed related to tagmail. See #3581 for a patch Stefan Schulte
09:20 am Bug #3581 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): tagmail + err: PGError: server closed the connection ...
The error is still present in recent puppet versions. I use puppet agent 2.6.1, puppet master 2.6.11, the mysql2 gem,... Stefan Schulte
09:04 am Facter Bug #10087 (Accepted): Deprecation message about RbConfig on ruby-1.9.3-preview1
James Turnbull
09:04 am Facter Feature #10112 (Accepted): Facter should provide a built-in fact for the current process id.
James Turnbull
09:04 am Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #10205 (Accepted): Please add augeas-libs and ruby-augeas packages to yum.puppetlabs.com
Michael Stahnke
09:03 am Facter Bug #10155 (Accepted): VMware virtualization is not xenu
James Turnbull
09:01 am Facter Bug #10179 (Accepted): Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts:...
James Turnbull
09:00 am Facter Bug #10179: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not retrieve local facts: private me...
We executed this on the agent host:... Berry Sizemore
07:21 am Bug #10207: puppet apply ignores multiple directories as parameters
Forgot to mention the above error also occurs when using --config.
Tom De Vylder
06:41 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #6828: Dashboard takes too long to remove a node
I think I'm seeing this behavior as well under dashboard 1.2.1. I haven't completely timed it yet, but removing node... Steve Snodgrass
05:59 am Bug #10207 (Accepted): puppet apply ignores multiple directories as parameters
This works fine:... Tom De Vylder
03:38 am Bug #9388: Agent not respecting environment
We just hit this problem as well with the current 2.7.5:
[root@noc puppet]# cat environments/test/manifests/site...
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
 

Also available in: Atom