The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com

Bug #10992

ActiveMQ connector has an unresolved dependency on pp

Added by Matt Goebel over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:11/21/2011
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:R.I. Pienaar% Done:

0%

Category:Plugins
Target version:1.3.x
Keywords: Affected mCollective version:
Branch:

We've Moved!

Ticket tracking is now hosted in JIRA: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com

This issue is currently not available for export. If you are experiencing the issue described below, please file a new ticket in JIRA. Once a new ticket has been created, please add a link to it that points back to this Redmine ticket.


Description

Since switching to 1.3.2 and the new activemq connector I am seeing and issue with the discovery agent. If mcollective attempts to load it first it will always fail with: “loadagent' Loading agent discovery failed: undefined method `pretty_inspect' for {}:Hash”. Reloading the agents resolves this issue but it comes back each time mcollective is restarted. Only ~10% of my nodes are affected. I have 10 agents so I assume the other 90% (with identical mcollective and ruby packages) are just randomly loading another module first. This was not an issue when using the stomp connector.

Using stomp gem 1.1.6 and 1.1.8 CentOS 5 and 6 Ruby 1.8.7 ActiveMQ 5.5 log and config attached

mcollective.log.bad (14.5 KB) Matt Goebel, 11/21/2011 01:54 pm

server.cfg (1.58 KB) Matt Goebel, 11/21/2011 01:54 pm

History

#1 Updated by R.I. Pienaar over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Unreviewed to Needs More Information

Thanks, this is an oversight in the ActiveMQ connector.

If you edit it replacing all instances of “pretty_inspect” with just “inspect” so that headers.pretty_inspect becomes headers.inspect.

Does this solve it for you? I am not sure why my own machines doesn’t exhibit this so having someone to test if that works would be helpful

#2 Updated by Matt Goebel over 2 years ago

Changing to “inspect” does indeed resolve the issue.

From: tickets@puppetlabs.com [mailto:tickets@puppetlabs.com] Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 5:11 PM To: rip@devco.net; james@lovedthanlost.net; krzysztof.wilczynski@linux.com; nan@puppetlabs.com; Matt Goebel Subject: [MCollective – Bug #10992] (Needs More Information) discovery.rb agent fails to load

Issue #10992 has been updated by R.I. Pienaar.

  • Status changed from Unreviewed to Needs More Information

Thanks, this is an oversight in the ActiveMQ connector.

If you edit it replacing all instances of “pretty_inspect” with just “inspect” so that headers.pretty_inspect becomes headers.inspect.

Does this solve it for you? I am not sure why my own machines doesn’t exhibit this so having someone to test if that works would be helpful


Bug #10992: discovery.rb agent fails to loadhttps://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/10992

  • Author: Matt Goebel
  • Status: Needs More Information
  • Priority: Normal
  • Assignee:
  • Category:
  • Target version:
  • Keywords:
  • Branch:
  • Affected mCollective version:

Since switching to 1.3.2 and the new activemq connector I am seeing and issue with the discovery agent. If mcollective attempts to load it first it will always fail with: “loadagent' Loading agent discovery failed: undefined method `pretty_inspect' for {}:Hash”. Reloading the agents resolves this issue but it comes back each time mcollective is restarted. Only ~10% of my nodes are affected. I have 10 agents so I assume the other 90% (with identical mcollective and ruby packages) are just randomly loading another module first. This was not an issue when using the stomp connector.

Using stomp gem 1.1.6 and 1.1.8 CentOS 5 and 6 Ruby 1.8.7 ActiveMQ 5.5 log and config attached


You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://projects.puppetlabs.com/my/account

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

#3 Updated by R.I. Pienaar over 2 years ago

  • Subject changed from discovery.rb agent fails to load to ActiveMQ connector has an unresolved dependency on pp

#4 Updated by R.I. Pienaar over 2 years ago

  • Category set to Plugins
  • Status changed from Needs More Information to Accepted
  • Assignee set to R.I. Pienaar
  • Target version set to 1.3.x

#5 Updated by R.I. Pienaar over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Closed

http://git.io/kymRpw 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(–)

Also available in: Atom PDF