The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com
Refactor and improve installation/configuration/getting started material
|Assignee:||Nick Fagerlund||% Done:|
Ticket tracking is now hosted in JIRA: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com
This issue is currently not available for export. If you are experiencing the issue described below, please file a new ticket in JIRA. Once a new ticket has been created, please add a link to it that points back to this Redmine ticket.
This is a multi-part ticket. To fulfill the objective, we need to do the following things:
- Lay out the skeleton of the Puppet 2.7 manual and include sections on installing and configuring Puppet.
- The installation section should include info about available and preferred ways of installing Puppet. It should be comprehensive but opinionated.
- Rewrite current “getting started” material into a pair of walkthroughs. These will exist outside the manual.
- One should help users get agents talking to a master and pulling a simple config.
- The other should help users institute a masterless setup that regularly compiles/runs a configuration from manifests updated out of band.
All parts of this should treat Windows agents as equal peers to *nix agents.