The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com

Support #14370

Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not connect to database: Could not find value for $1234

Added by Nirmal Mehta almost 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:DuplicateStart date:05/09/2012
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-
Keywords: Affected URL:
Branch: Affected PE version:

We've Moved!

Ticket tracking is now hosted in JIRA: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com

This issue is currently not available for export. If you are experiencing the issue described below, please file a new ticket in JIRA. Once a new ticket has been created, please add a link to it that points back to this Redmine ticket.


Description

I installed puppet enterprise 2.5 on RHEL 5.6 x64 however I am getting errors when nodes try to connect:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not connect to database: Could not find value for $1234

and on the console all the nodes have Error 400 Bad request under inventory

I spent many hours yesterday trying to resolve the issues including uninstalling/reinstalling many times (using different settings including turning off se linux etc). I remade new VMs with CENTOS 5.6 and ran into the same issues. DNS is working fine and certs seem to be fine.

I can provide logs if needed.


Related issues

Related to Puppet Enterprise (Public) - Bug #13628: Special character handling in PE installer Accepted 04/04/2012
Related to Puppet Documentation - Bug #13968: document special characters that cannot be used with PE i... Closed 04/16/2012

History

#1 Updated by Adrien Thebo almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Unreviewed to Investigating

Could you grep through your manifests for any instance of $1234 and provide that? This strikes me as a manifest specific problem.

#2 Updated by Nirmal Mehta almost 2 years ago

Figured it out… I used a password that contained ‘@’ and multiple ‘$’ characters and this was messing up the installation of mysql through the enterprise installer. It didn’t automatically escape the ‘$’ characters in the config file and therefore was interpreted as a variable. This messed up the root user of mysql in the install process so I’m in the process of creating a fresh VM and using a different password.

#3 Updated by Matthaus Owens almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Investigating to Duplicate

I’m marking this as a duplicate of the other special characters ticket.

Also available in: Atom PDF