The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com. See the following page for information on filing tickets with JIRA:
openbsd package provider is broken while installing from remote repositories
|Affected Puppet version:||2.6.3||Branch:||https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/452|
Ticket tracking is now hosted in JIRA: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com
- Introduced by 4a3d5d7c11bea5efba6f PATH_SEPARATOR openbsd package provider checks for PATH_SEPARATOR however this should be SEPARATOR –> Installing packages from a remote source does not work
- Also introduced by this commit the package provider tries to get the current installed version and checks whether it should be updated. However this fails if the package hasn’t yet been installed.
Although I’m not (yet) fully sure about the intend of this commit I will send some Patches with which I got package installation on openbsd from a remote repository working.
I add Markus as a watcher as he submitted the patch.
#4 Updated by Peter Meier almost 4 years ago
What’s the current status of this review?
As I said, if somebody could comment about the correctness of this approach I would probably be able to work on proper tests etc. But the longer this fades away the more complicated it is to get back into the context.
Reminder: This means that remote package installation on OpenBSD is currently not working, hence I think it would be quite important to get that fixed.
#5 Updated by Jacob Helwig over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Tests Insufficient
- Target version set to 2.7.x
I left a couple of comments on the pull request, but your last update on the pull request summarizes things nicely:
So after some discussion on IRC we settled with the following: * This patch should be rebased agains 2.7.x * It should get a proper commit message * Tests would be nice, however as for the openbsd provider tests are missing in general, we have to see what is possible. This means that in general the approach seems feasible and we just need to do some cleanup.
#8 Updated by warm s0x over 3 years ago
I was wondering if there was a build of puppet running around between various patch sets that solves this problem?
Unfortunately I recently started a project in which I’ll need to rely on remote package functionality. This bug has kind of stopped me in my tracks :(
#9 Updated by Anonymous over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Tests Insufficient to In Topic Branch Pending Review
- Branch changed from https://github.com/duritong/puppet/tree/ticket/master/8435 to https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/452
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/452 is an update that adds tests to the provider, and should hopefully have the bug fixed and things ready to go. Testing would be appreciated from anyone using OpenBSD, of course.
#10 Updated by Anonymous over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Topic Branch Pending Review to Code Insufficient
My whitespace cleanup ends up breaking things because the API for
execpipe is different from
execute – the later adds whitespace between array elements, while the former expects the caller to add whitespace. #12564 captures that, and I am going to fix the underlying bug so that this change works – and other people don’t suffer the same headache around the execution helper API there.