The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com

Activity

From 08/18/2010 to 08/24/2010

08/25/2010

11:46 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #2986: Added support for facter facts and node attributes
I'm reassigning ticket back to Luke, because he's writing an architecture document describing the inventory service. ... Igal Koshevoy
11:46 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #2933 (Needs More Information): Nodes should display facts if they are available
I'm reassigning ticket back to Luke, because he's writing an architecture document describing the inventory service. ... Igal Koshevoy
11:33 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4606 (Rejected): Application should use browser's timezone for displaying times/dates
Someday we may want to make the Dashboard friendlier by using the browser's timezone. The server still needs a defaul... Igal Koshevoy
11:30 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4605 (Accepted): Application should use the timezone and format set in a site-specific confi...
Igal Koshevoy
11:26 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4605 (Closed): Application should use the timezone and format set in a site-specific configu...
Currently:
* Timezone is set in `config/environment.rb` and this file must be edited to alter it. This is bad beca...
Igal Koshevoy
11:17 pm Bug #4590: SimpleGraph is slow
I have modified Markus's SimpleGraph rewrite so that its YAML serialization is backward compatible with the format us... Paul Berry
10:33 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4604 (Closed): Application should have a place for the site-specific settings
Users need to be able to set site-specific settings, such as log rotation preferences, default timezone, whether node... Igal Koshevoy
10:01 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4603 (Closed): Improve performance
Poor performance is annoying user and preventing larger sites from adopting the Puppet Dashboard. This is a meta-tick... Igal Koshevoy
09:51 pm Facter Bug #4583: "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
Patch worked well on my Solaris 10 box. Alan Harder
09:40 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4401 (Needs More Information): Chart dates should use same timezone as server
Nick Lewis
09:40 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4401: Chart dates should use same timezone as server
The charts appear to already be rendering with the timezone set in the server's config/environment.rb. Is this the de... Nick Lewis
09:26 pm Facter Bug #4583 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
Patched to use Resolution.exec, available in my branch ticket/master/4583) Rein Henrichs
07:37 pm Bug #4602 (Closed): TypeError with storeconfigs
I get the following traceback on a puppet server with storeconfigs enabled (using puppet-2.6.1-0.2.rc2.fc13.noarch.rp... Ricky Zhou
07:22 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4008: Group variables don't 'inherit'
Hi Stefan,
Please take a look at the branch on #3531 and see if that satisfies your needs as far seeing where para...
Nick Lewis
07:18 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4601 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Tables should render consistently across browsers and...
This branch is based off my #3531 branch. Nick Lewis
07:16 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #3470: class-group UI widget: UI for assigning classes/groups should render correctly on Firefox
I've attached a screenshot of how this is misrendered on Firefox. Igal Koshevoy
07:08 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4601 (Accepted): Tables should render consistently across browsers and pages
Nick Lewis
07:07 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4601 (Closed): Tables should render consistently across browsers and pages
The group and class pages improperly render their node tables when there are no nodes.
The node pages render their r...
Nick Lewis
07:04 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #3438: Node show page should display "inherited classes" correctly on Safari
This should no longer be an issue with the changes in #3531, but I'll leave it open for now until that goes in. Nick Lewis
06:30 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #3531: Dashboard should display the sources of inherited parameters/groups/classes/nodes
I've pushed a new version of this branch to fix one broken template. Nick Lewis
06:12 pm Bug #4600 (Duplicate): file server problems running under passenger
We're running puppet via passenger-2.2.15. We are upgrading from a working
0.25.4 installation. Upon upgrading 2.6.0...
Steve Feehan
06:00 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4574 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Errors should be displayed in a useful way when calle...
The only error supported for now is ParameterConflictError, but now there's a reasonable place to put future error ha... Nick Lewis
05:59 pm Bug #4599 (Needs More Information): host resource should fail when there are duplicates
Consider the following /etc/hosts file with a duplicate namevar foo:... Dan Bode
05:21 pm Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
> I'd prefer the library functions uname(), gethostname(), and domainname() (or their Ruby equivalants) to be used, r... Rein Henrichs
05:17 pm Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
Paul, for 1.5.8 we are reverting the change that broke the 1.5.7 behavior per #4594 so that Facter's fqdn fact will w... Rein Henrichs

08/24/2010

04:01 pm Feature #4597 (Duplicate): Non-usefull error message when CRL is not yet valid on the server
We fixed this issue in 0.25.5 and now catch the correct error rather than the "closed?" mispath. James Turnbull
03:39 pm Feature #4598 (Accepted): fail should be usable in a selector
It would be nice if this worked better:... Alan Barrett
02:23 pm Feature #4597 (Duplicate): Non-usefull error message when CRL is not yet valid on the server
Hi,
I use puppet with a hundred of server, and first thanks a lot for your job.
Here's what happen (in summary...
Romaric Defaux
12:30 pm Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
There are probably still systems where "hostname -f" performs sethostname("-f"), so please don't do that. There are ... Alan Barrett
09:46 am Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
Thank you for reviewing the issue and posting a preliminary patch.
I can confirm that the patched apply.rb works f...
Christian Patsch
09:20 am Bug #4589: puppet 0.25.5 slower on 2+ run
Just to be clear. I've seen this problem on a production recipe (mixed resources). After running puppet with summariz... Marcin Deranek
09:02 am Bug #4589: puppet 0.25.5 slower on 2+ run
This is with stored config turned off:
Tue Aug 24 09:52:13 +0200 2010 Puppet (notice): Starting Puppet client ...
Marcin Deranek
08:52 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4008 (Re-opened): Group variables don't 'inherit'
Hi,
Thank you for your efforts.
There is indeed 'inheritance' now as i can see from the waring i get in Dashboard.
...
Stefan Goethals
06:59 am Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
Rein we CAN NOT BREAK hostname related facts. Please do not bump this. This is a release blocker. Paul Nasrat
01:17 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4574 (Accepted): Errors should be displayed in a useful way when called from the external_no...
Nick Lewis
12:29 am Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
Thanks folks. Are there any objections to using Jeff's heuristic (with uname -n, obviously)? Rein Henrichs
12:27 am Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
As requested, my comments edited to a suitable state:
> Standardize on uname -p and hostname -f, in that order, as...
Daniel Pittman
12:03 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4571: Fix and improve views and their specs
Looks good, but it's probably a good idea to make sure those probably-unused files really aren't being used, and just... Nick Lewis
11:31 pm Facter Feature #4552 (Merged - Pending Release): Add Fact execution timing information
Updated version based on Dean's patch is available at: ticket/master/4552
This version reports the time in millise...
Rein Henrichs
11:14 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4578 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): External node classifier should allow Puppet to class...
Previously, a node not found would trigger a 404 error, but now it will
return YAML representing an empty node (an e...
Nick Lewis
11:09 pm Facter Bug #4583 (Accepted): "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
Will modify uptime.rb to avoid emitting to stderr on (expected) failures. Changing target to next release. Rein Henrichs
10:38 pm Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
Copying my comments from the mailing list as per request from Rein.
On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Markus Robert...
Jeff McCune
10:34 pm Facter Bug #3898: fqdn fact requires reverse PTR matches the forward
Too late in the 1.5.8 release cycle for inclusion. Changing target version to 1.6.0. Rein Henrichs
09:59 pm Facter Bug #4594 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Revert fqdn to 1.5.7 behavior
Available in my bug/master/4594 branch, please test for immediate release. Rein Henrichs
09:47 pm Facter Bug #4594 (Closed): Revert fqdn to 1.5.7 behavior
A bug in the fqdn fact has been introduced since 1.5.7. Since we are at the release candidate stage, we will revert t... Rein Henrichs
07:50 pm Bug #4560 (Accepted): Virtual resources inside definitions not properly realized by tag
Tags get implicitly assigned based on the documentation at http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Using_... Cody Herriges
07:15 pm Bug #4589 (Needs More Information): puppet 0.25.5 slower on 2+ run
Two questions to narrow things down:
* What happens if you turn stored config off?
* What happens if you restart ...
Markus Roberts
07:12 pm Bug #4560: Virtual resources inside definitions not properly realized by tag
Yep, that's what I've been doing as a workaround. Ian Ward Comfort
07:12 pm Facter Bug #4593 (Closed): "sh: sysctl: not found" from 1.5.8rc2 on Solaris 10
duplicate of #4583, sorry! Alan Harder
07:11 pm Bug #4589 (Investigating): puppet 0.25.5 slower on 2+ run
Markus Roberts
07:10 pm Facter Bug #4593 (Duplicate): "sh: sysctl: not found" from 1.5.8rc2 on Solaris 10
Running facter 1.5.8rc2 on Solaris 10 seems to work, but the first line of output is:
sh: sysctl: not found
Alan Harder
07:10 pm Bug #4560 (Investigating): Virtual resources inside definitions not properly realized by tag
I am going to write an acceptance test or two to document this. In the mean time I would just suggest to make the fo... Cody Herriges
06:04 pm Bug #4576: nonexistent classes specified in external node definition are ignored
I think it's reasonable for a non-existent class included by the classifier to produce exactly the same result as inc... Nigel Kersten

08/23/2010

04:20 pm Puppet Community Package Repository Feature #4591 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Add SuSE packaging data
Merge:
http://github.com/kbarber/puppet-dashboard/commit/b80b10b3a606b6526833849370ede78847431472
James Turnbull
04:16 pm Facter Feature #4575 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): win32 support for manufacturer, productname, & se...
James Turnbull
04:16 pm Bug #4587 (Duplicate): File download with Puppet 2.6
Duplicate of #4319. James Turnbull
04:10 pm Bug #4590 (Closed): SimpleGraph is slow
Experiments on 8/17/10 revealed that Puppet spends a significant amount of time executing methods in the SimpleGraph ... Paul Berry
03:57 pm Bug #4570 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Race conditions when serializing objects to YAML
I've made a fix that changes the class variables to instance variables of the ZAML class. I also added a few more sp... Paul Berry
03:53 pm Bug #4589 (Needs More Information): puppet 0.25.5 slower on 2+ run
While migrating to puppet 0.25.5 we discovered that puppet is getting slower on every 2+ run by ~30%. All that extra ... Marcin Deranek
02:36 pm Bug #3561: Error loading provider during pluginsync (provider are downloaded before type)
It was working for me back in 0.24.8 or so. I don't know about in 0.25 or 2.6. Jonathan Booth
02:06 pm Bug #4588 (Needs More Information): generate() function doesn't seem to be binary safe when used ...
The generate() function isn't binary safe it would seem.
13:52 < masterzen> zeroXten: file content is rendered...
Fraser Scott
12:39 pm Facter Bug #4583: "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
This is due to the uptime fact which uses or to fall through various uptime mechanisms. I can replicate this in irb b... Paul Nasrat
12:28 pm Facter Bug #2714: Solaris prtdiag hangs facter
We have this problem too with some of our recently-patched Solaris 10 boxes. Mark Plaksin
12:18 pm Bug #4587 (Duplicate): File download with Puppet 2.6
Hi,
Something is wrong with Puppet 2.6 and file downloading. The server and the client are using 2.6 release.
...
Erwan Hesry
12:15 pm Facter Bug #4583: "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
Paul Nasrat wrote:
> Can you also give the output of facter on 1.5.7. Thanks.
s10server:pkg # facter --versio...
Matthew Flanagan
06:41 am Bug #4576: nonexistent classes specified in external node definition are ignored
I am not suggesting puppetmasterd should die, but puppetd on execution, like it would die on a syntax error, or if I ... martin krafft
03:32 am Bug #4576 (Needs Decision): nonexistent classes specified in external node definition are ignored
So far as I can see, it never has. Was this intentional or an oversight? And is having the puppetmaster die really ... Markus Roberts
09:09 pm Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
This patch addresses the main issue (standalone not generating report yaml files) but leaves several others (Jesse's ... Markus Roberts
09:07 pm Bug #4501 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles a...
Markus Roberts
07:42 pm Facter Bug #4583: "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
I've reproduced on a Solaris 5.10 virtual box setup. Will debug further Paul Nasrat
06:51 pm Bug #4579 (Needs More Information): Symlink file type can issue potentially expensive stat calls ...
Two thoughts here:
1) The most common case (all is good) seems optimal (one lstat) and it progresses fairly unifor...
Markus Roberts
05:51 pm Bug #4456 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): REST doesn't know synonyms for its mime types
Markus Roberts
05:38 pm Bug #4456: REST doesn't know synonyms for its mime types
I suspect we may have the same issue with JSON/PSON and perhaps others.
Markus Roberts
05:24 pm Bug #4542 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Classes included with 'include' do not end up in the ...
This proposed fix unifies the code paths on which classes are added, alters the default stage to respect the stage of... Markus Roberts

08/22/2010

08:23 am Facter Bug #4583 (Needs More Information): "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
Tested on OpenSolaris:
ruby -Ilib bin/facter > /dev/null
prtdiag: failed to open SMBIOS: System does not export ...
Paul Nasrat
08:06 am Facter Bug #4583 (Accepted): "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
Can you also give the output of facter on 1.5.7. Thanks.
Paul Nasrat
06:21 am Bug #902 (Needs Decision): Qualified-variable names cannot contain hyphens (but class names can)
Has our position on this changed over the past 2 years? And, if so, has it changed an odd number of times?
Markus Roberts
06:19 am Bug #4542: Classes included with 'include' do not end up in the correct stage
One observation: having include automatically put the class into Stage[main] isn't sufficient / correct; for example,... Markus Roberts
03:01 am Bug #4489 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): standalone puppet file source error "Could not eval...
It was choosing the terminus based in part on the application name, which changed in 2.6.x (it's now apply).
Markus Roberts
02:35 am Bug #4489: standalone puppet file source error "Could not evaluate: getaddrinfo: ..."
It's using the :rest terminus instead of :file_serving. But why...? Markus Roberts
12:01 am Facter Bug #4583: "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
better formatting this time
# facter --version
1.5.8
# facter
ifconfig: status: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: ...
Matthew Flanagan
11:53 pm Facter Bug #2543: Error messages with IPv6-enabled interfaces.
This issue still present in 1.5.8rc2
# facter --version
1.5.8
# facter
ifconfig: status: SIOCGLIFFLA...
Matthew Flanagan
11:50 pm Facter Bug #4583 (Closed): "sh: sysctl: not found" error on solaris
This error is with 1.5.8rc2
`# facter --version
1.5.8
# facter
ifconfig: status: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: e1000g0:1: no...
Matthew Flanagan
10:08 pm Bug #902 (Re-opened): Qualified-variable names cannot contain hyphens (but class names can)
Would fixing this break anything? I have a few hundred classes, so going without hyphens is a pain. Jason Harvey
09:40 pm Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
Just brining the report functionality over from Puppet::Configurer#run to Puppet::Application::Apply#main doesn't see... Markus Roberts
09:34 pm Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
I'm not seeing any sign of a "--report" option on 2.6.x; was it removed or is this a typo for "--reports"?
Markus Roberts
08:48 pm Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
It appears that "puppet apply --apply x.pson" does call run, but "puppet apply x.pp" does not.
Hmmm.
The code that...
Markus Roberts
08:33 pm Bug #4542 (Accepted): Classes included with 'include' do not end up in the correct stage
Markus Roberts
08:31 pm Bug #4532 (Merged - Pending Release): agent doesn't open it's listen socket before finishing the ...
Markus Roberts
08:31 pm Bug #4555 (Merged - Pending Release): Puppet queue daemon is broken
Markus Roberts
08:29 pm Bug #4528 (Merged - Pending Release): cron gets updates everytime if wildcard is set
Markus Roberts
08:29 pm Bug #4518 (Merged - Pending Release): Empty classes.txt
Markus Roberts
08:26 pm Bug #4506 (Merged - Pending Release): storing catalog in stored config produces: err: allocator u...
Markus Roberts
08:25 pm Bug #4545 (Merged - Pending Release): failing specs in spec/unit/application/doc_spec.rb
Markus Roberts
08:25 pm Bug #4512 (Accepted): puppet calls template function for a file even when content is overriden to...
There's a chance that this could get fixed by Markus's Fixtures work, but AFAICT this will always be true.
Is this...
Luke Kanies
08:25 pm Bug #4298 (Merged - Pending Release): puppet apply no_such_file_gfhfhgf.pp does not error
Markus Roberts
08:23 pm Feature #4486 (Accepted): server-side (puppetmaster) catalogue caching
Completely agree. There are a few different ways to do this, and we're exploring multiple of them (server-side cache... Luke Kanies
08:19 pm Bug #4456 (Accepted): REST doesn't know synonyms for its mime types
Luke Kanies
08:18 pm Feature #4450 (Accepted): client should retry if connection to master fails
Luke Kanies
08:17 pm Feature #4440 (Accepted): Split initialization code into own command
Luke Kanies
08:00 pm Bug #4252 (Closed): Fixed yumrepo deprecation error
commit:28bb1950cf040eaf5196e39f43b3a9d0d61175a7 Markus Roberts

08/21/2010

09:47 am Facter Feature #4567: Add simple rake target to generate difference between versions
Yeah I'm happy with the ext solution. Paul Nasrat
07:21 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4574 (Investigating): Errors should be displayed in a useful way when called from the extern...
Nick: Sorry, I wrote the wrong message into the wrong ticket. I'm unassigning this so either of us can grab it after ... Igal Koshevoy
07:19 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4578 (Investigating): External node classifier should allow Puppet to classify nodes
Nick: I’m assigning this to you per our discussion today. Because this is important for v1.0.4 and fairly small, plea... Igal Koshevoy
07:17 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4574: Errors should be displayed in a useful way when called from the external_node tool
Nick: I'm assigning this to you per our discussion today. Because this is important for v1.0.4 and fairly small, plea... Igal Koshevoy
07:15 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #3531: Dashboard should display the sources of inherited parameters/groups/classes/nodes
Nick: Looks great a glance, thanks for working on this tricky feature. I'll do a thorough review after v1.0.4 is ship... Igal Koshevoy
07:13 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #4562 (Closed): Write release notes for 1.0.4
Nick: Thanks! Igal Koshevoy
07:12 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4503 (Closed): New Node Class model should allow class names with hyphens
Nick: Excellent catch regarding the numbers. I've reviewed you code and merged it into pu. Igal Koshevoy
07:07 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4571: Fix and improve views and their specs
Nick,
I've pushed a new version of this branch. Please review it.
Because this is for r1.0.4, it's a higher pr...
Igal Koshevoy
12:38 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #3531 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Dashboard should display the sources of inherited...
This patch set includes significant changes to the UI with regard to viewing the inheritance of params, etc, and a fa... Nick Lewis
12:17 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #4190 (Duplicate): Group show page's node listing should display nodes that are members b...
I've generalized #3531 to include this, so I'm closing this one as a duplicate. Nick Lewis
12:16 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #3531: Dashboard should display the sources of inherited parameters/groups/classes/nodes
Generalizing this ticket to cover parameters, groups, classes, and nodes, thus obviating #4190. Nick Lewis
10:53 pm Feature #4582 (Closed): Pileline compiled catalogs to and from STDIN
It should be possible to divide puppet agent into smaller units that can be chained into a pipeline Jesse Wolfe
10:40 pm Bug #4577: Puppet doesn't recognize obsolete packages, errors
The word more in your sentence is the only place on this page it appears, before or after clicking Update for me. Nathan Rich
10:24 pm Feature #4581 (Accepted): apply response file on every run
The Debian package provider has a responsefile attribute, with which debconf can be preseeded. While generally, chang... martin krafft
09:34 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
I agree they could be more easily made accessible, yes :) Nigel Kersten
09:29 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
Funky!
But then I really see no reason (or much difficulty) why those facts shouldn't be made available to the cla...
martin krafft
09:06 pm Bug #4577: Puppet doesn't recognize obsolete packages, errors
n4th4n r1ch wrote:
> hmm, wish there was a preview button for the original post, this looks terrible. and there's no ...
James Turnbull
09:04 pm Bug #3561: Error loading provider during pluginsync (provider are downloaded before type)
Does the 'zprovider' workaround really work? If I rename the directory puppet syncs it just fine, but I don't think i... Byron Appelt
09:00 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
Martin, I was under the same misapprehension.
It's *not* the fact values of the last run but is the facts from the l...
Nigel Kersten
08:52 pm Bug #4579 (Needs More Information): Symlink file type can issue potentially expensive stat calls ...
I've only briefly looked at the relevant Puppet code here, but wanted to get this bug in as it took a little while fo... Nigel Kersten
08:39 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
I agree, this is doable, but it can only ever rely on the facts of the last run, as you say; there is also no real ot... martin krafft
08:31 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4578 (Closed): External node classifier should allow Puppet to classify nodes
Investigate whether Dashboard should return an empty YAML document when asked for an unknown node, and change it if n... Igal Koshevoy
07:14 pm Facter Bug #4569 (Closed): Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Released in 1.5.8rc2 Rein Henrichs
07:14 pm Facter Bug #4289 (Closed): facter fails to recognize 'OEL' in operatingsystemrelease.rb
Released in 1.5.8rc2 Rein Henrichs
06:59 pm Bug #4577: Puppet doesn't recognize obsolete packages, errors
hmm, wish there was a preview button for the original post, this looks terrible. and there's no edit button for it no... Nathan Rich
06:58 pm Bug #4577 (Needs Decision): Puppet doesn't recognize obsolete packages, errors
First presented itself with these symptoms:... Nathan Rich
06:42 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
I'd like to see this be more supported now, but this really isn't difficult to do now with 0.25.x clients at least (h... Nigel Kersten

08/20/2010

04:25 pm Bug #4576 (Closed): nonexistent classes specified in external node definition are ignored
If the external node classifier outputs classes that are not defined, puppetd does nothing. It should really die. martin krafft
04:00 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
This will be a feature in 2.7 I think. We're pulling those together shortly. James Turnbull
03:51 pm Feature #2356: access to facts in external nodes
Any news on this? martin krafft
03:16 pm Bug #4367 (Closed): Example config.ru file not 2.6 ready
We ended up going with:... James Turnbull
02:10 pm Bug #4367: Example config.ru file not 2.6 ready
I've noticed a subtle problem with the config.ru as proposed by Steve: it makes confdir default to ~/.puppet, which i... Sergio Gelato
02:00 pm Bug #791: Users and groups created mid-transaction are not found
Craig Box wrote:
> I am seeing this problem on 0.25 (0.25.4-2ubuntu6) with LDAP users:
>
> * install libnss-ldapd...
Kjetil Torgrim Homme
08:18 am Facter Feature #4575: win32 support for manufacturer, productname, & serialnumber
Patch can be found here:
http://github.com/blkperl/facter/tree/feature/master/4575
William Van Hevelingen
08:04 am Facter Feature #4575 (Closed): win32 support for manufacturer, productname, & serialnumber
Patch requires updating manufacturer.rb & /util/manufacture.rb
Attaching patch.
William Van Hevelingen
01:21 am Puppet Dashboard Refactor #4541: Node record's ids should be used for routing, not hostnames
A possible resolution for this would be to switch the nodes routing to find nodes by id, rather than name. However, f... Igal Koshevoy
01:19 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4574 (Closed): Errors should be displayed in a useful way when called from the external_node...
The tool currently displays "500 Server Error" if there's a parameter conflict, loop, etc -- which isn't useful.
T...
Igal Koshevoy
11:45 pm Facter Feature #4567: Add simple rake target to generate difference between versions
Oh, and it generates output like this: https://gist.github.com/1e95ea1af5399b8847c0 Rein Henrichs
09:34 pm Facter Bug #4569 (Ready For Checkin): Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Based on Paul's confirmation, I've merged William's second version into reductivelabs master (for immediate release a... Rein Henrichs
09:14 pm Bug #4573 (Accepted): FreeBSD service does not parse rcvar output on FreeBSD < 7
James Turnbull
09:04 pm Bug #4573 (Closed): FreeBSD service does not parse rcvar output on FreeBSD < 7
The output of /usr/local/etc/rc.d/[service] rcvar on FreeBSD < 7 is (mind the $ sign):
# ntpd
$ntpd_enabl...
Joost van Beurden
06:52 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4503: New Node Class model should allow class names with hyphens
I changed the regex and tests a little bit because class names are allowed to start with numbers. Nick Lewis
06:39 pm Bug #4413: Cannot save facts to the code store
I will pull down a copy of this branch and test it out. It looks like a pretty easy fix. Thanks guys.
Gary Larizza
06:34 pm Bug #4572 (Accepted): Invalid next (SyntaxError) in application/kick.rb under Ruby 1.9.1
Thanks Brett - I've added this information to the Platforms page. Will be updated when we next release the docs. James Turnbull
06:27 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4562 (Ready For Checkin): Write release notes for 1.0.4
Looks good to me. Nick Lewis
06:26 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4571: Fix and improve views and their specs
+1, with a few notes. It's a little more conforming to use \<strong\> over \<b\>, but not especially important. Also,... Nick Lewis
06:20 pm Bug #4413 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Cannot save facts to the code store
Except that 97936c6d3fa3950d22266679b65d4a6877008a74 does not appear in 0.25.5: the commit is dated after the release... Rein Henrichs
06:18 pm Bug #4572: Invalid next (SyntaxError) in application/kick.rb under Ruby 1.9.1
Just found James Turnbull's comment here:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=94838
that Ruby 1.9 is not...
Brett Bender
06:13 pm Bug #4572 (Duplicate): Invalid next (SyntaxError) in application/kick.rb under Ruby 1.9.1
% sudo puppetmasterd
/var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/puppet-2.6.0/lib...
Brett Bender

08/19/2010

04:54 pm Facter Feature #4519: Facter should provide a convenient way to cache values
Do you really run your automated runs with --test? We only ever use --test for manual runs, even though we don't run... Nigel Kersten
02:48 pm Refactor #4499: extlookup parses files multiple times
fwiw, if we want to make it faster FasterCSV isnt bad, but its extra requirements. We could perhaps make the code de... R.I. Pienaar
01:10 pm Facter Bug #4569: Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Thanks that looks good to me. Paul Nasrat
12:17 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4571 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Fix and improve views and their specs
Nick: Can you please review these changes? Only the changes on the last commit are relevant. The rest is just merges ... Igal Koshevoy
12:04 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4571 (Closed): Fix and improve views and their specs
I made a bunch of fixes and improvements to the views, am creating a ticket so I can check these in. Igal Koshevoy
12:02 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4562 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Write release notes for 1.0.4
Nick: Can you please review the release notes for 1.0.4? Igal Koshevoy
11:11 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4503 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): New Node Class model should allow class names with hy...
Nick: I'm reopening this ticket because I found bugs in the change. I've pushed fixes to my branch. Can you please re... Igal Koshevoy
09:25 am Feature #4427: Deriving from parameterized classes not implemented or not documented
Another implicit design issue: Classes are supposed to be singletons. This results in the question when classes are c... Stefan Schimanski
08:51 am Facter Bug #4569: Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Paul,
http://github.com/blkperl/facter/tree/bug/testing/4569
Rein: Paul is correct and uptime is completely bro...
William Van Hevelingen
08:09 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4345: pluginsync removes $libdir/puppet/reports/puppet_dashboard.rb
FWIW, my current hack around this problem (on 0.25.5) is as follows:... Ian Ward Comfort
08:06 am Bug #4488: ssh_authorized_key trips over comments in file
I have the following change, which allows unrecognised lines to be passed through unmolested.... Alan Barrett
07:59 am Refactor #4499: extlookup parses files multiple times
> Let me give my case in more detail. I have more then 200 calls to extlookup(), most of which are used to fetch ver... R.I. Pienaar
07:54 am Feature #2807: Agent settings should be available within the parser
idd it should be return the client settings
I confirm this on puppet 2.6
Mario Verbelen
07:53 am Refactor #4499: extlookup parses files multiple times
Markus Roberts wrote:
> There are tricky design issues here (thread and environment safety, for one thing).
Even ...
Alan Barrett
07:43 am Facter Feature #4519: Facter should provide a convenient way to cache values
> * There should be a simple way to mark a fact as cache-once-per-boot
> * There should definitely be a no-caching m...
Peter Meier
07:31 am Bug #4279: HP-UX Remount Error
James Turnbull wrote:
> Hi - can you show me full output of a run with --trace --debug and appropriate data on your ...
Stefan Schulte
07:30 am Bug #4549: not all puppet functions are available in the template scope
Markus Roberts wrote:
> Two more observations: 1) this existed in 0.25.x as well, and thus is not new breakage
y...
Peter Meier
06:20 am Facter Bug #2346: ec2.rb open-uri "open" doesn't like the port argument
RI - note that I believe most AMI's get their root ssh keys from 169.254.169.254 eg /usr/local/sbin/get-credentials.s... Paul Nasrat
05:56 am Feature #4430: Overzealous deprecation warning
Please see what I wrote about that in the report: there is no standard naming scheme, making it difficult for me to w... martin krafft
05:48 am Bug #4298: puppet apply no_such_file_gfhfhgf.pp does not error
I believe Matt typoed the branch. Markus Roberts
05:35 am Facter Bug #4289: facter fails to recognize 'OEL' in operatingsystemrelease.rb
This **should** go in 1.5.8, even though it's not in the RC Paul Nasrat
05:27 am Facter Bug #4569: Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Rein as it is this means the uptime fact is completely broken on windows for 1.5.8, we should either ensure it doesn'... Paul Nasrat
05:25 am Facter Bug #4569: Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Rein: I'm pretty sure you guys should have MSDN from the puppet windows stuff, also http://aws.amazon.com/windows/ fo... Paul Nasrat
04:04 am Bug #4489 (Accepted): standalone puppet file source error "Could not evaluate: getaddrinfo: ..."
Thanks! Markus Roberts
03:18 am Bug #4413 (Accepted): Cannot save facts to the code store
This appears to have come in with the fix for #3921, commit:97936c6d3fa3950d22266679b65d4a6877008a74
Markus Roberts
02:34 am Bug #4489: standalone puppet file source error "Could not evaluate: getaddrinfo: ..."
I provided a reproduce case for this bug here:
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/4557
It shows failing in 2.6...
Jordan Sissel
02:23 am Bug #4413 (Investigating): Cannot save facts to the code store
James & Thorsten usurped this ticket because the error message was similar to that on #4527, but, as the problem is r... Markus Roberts
12:48 am Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
The change Jesse refers to was in commit:58a81ba0e074ac8b3c6b7f8cd5c59fa18eb7f58a
Markus Roberts
12:12 am Bug #4523 (Rejected): ::classname resolution does not work as expected
I think class ::foo is simply incorrect syntax. ... James Turnbull
12:07 am Bug #4480 (Needs Decision): Runit service provider behavior
James Turnbull
12:07 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #4553 (Needs Decision): Either add documentation on rotating logs or make it default
James Turnbull
12:07 am Bug #4538 (Needs Decision): Nagios resources do not allow use of groups in place of entities
I can remember something about this but for the life of me can't remember that outcome .... we changed some namevar's... James Turnbull
12:05 am Bug #4537 (Accepted): nagios_* resources interact wrongly with purge-directories
James Turnbull
12:04 am Bug #4517: async_storeconfigs + activemq queueing support causes puppetmaster to keep connections...
Markus - this could be a regression. James Turnbull
12:03 am Bug #4517 (Accepted): async_storeconfigs + activemq queueing support causes puppetmaster to keep ...
James Turnbull
12:03 am Bug #4512 (Needs Decision): puppet calls template function for a file even when content is overri...
James Turnbull
12:02 am Bug #4505 (Accepted): puppetrun with --class doesn't work
James Turnbull
12:00 am Bug #4502 (Needs Decision): usermod command should specify both -u and -g in the same command
Peter - you have a view? James Turnbull
11:59 pm Bug #4488 (Accepted): ssh_authorized_key trips over comments in file
James Turnbull
11:58 pm Feature #4486 (Needs Decision): server-side (puppetmaster) catalogue caching
James Turnbull
11:58 pm Bug #4459 (Accepted): alias for resource can't be used with realize
James Turnbull
11:56 pm Bug #4456 (Needs Decision): REST doesn't know synonyms for its mime types
James Turnbull
11:56 pm Bug #4454 (Needs More Information): Unhelpful error after catalog compile: err: syntax error on l...
James Turnbull
11:54 pm Bug #4570 (Closed): Race conditions when serializing objects to YAML
The ZAML class (which Puppet uses to serialize objects to YAML) keeps track of the mapping from object id to label us... Paul Berry
11:51 pm Feature #4450 (Needs Decision): client should retry if connection to master fails
James Turnbull
11:51 pm Bug #4448 (Accepted): notify refreshes need not be logged at notice level
James Turnbull
11:51 pm Bug #4447 (Needs Decision): hostcert, hostcsr, hostprivkey, hostpubkey are not settings
What version is this?
Markus - this is a regression from 0.25.x if this is 2.6.x
James Turnbull
11:50 pm Feature #4440 (Needs Decision): Split initialization code into own command
James Turnbull
11:49 pm Feature #4430 (Rejected): Overzealous deprecation warning
This isn't going to change IMHO - we recommend you bundle up site specific files in a module built for that purpose. James Turnbull
11:48 pm Bug #4429 (Needs Decision): variable confusion when a class includes its sibling
James Turnbull
11:46 pm Feature #4424 (Accepted): umask parameter for exec
James Turnbull
11:46 pm Bug #4418 (Needs Decision): apt-listbugs interferes with 'package'
Nigel - did you have an opinio on the list? Someone did... James Turnbull
11:45 pm Bug #4398 (Duplicate): external node script does not ignore stderr
Duplicate of #3836. James Turnbull
11:45 pm Bug #4560: Virtual resources inside definitions not properly realized by tag
Sure. I'll try to be brief but my use-case is a little involved.
I often use custom definitions to encapsulate fun...
Ian Ward Comfort
11:44 pm Bug #4337 (Accepted): filebucket is confused about configuration
James Turnbull
11:43 pm Bug #4327 (Needs More Information): pluginsync is not activated when it is added to the config fi...
I think this is fixed in 2.6.x - any chance you can test? James Turnbull
11:42 pm Bug #4239 (Accepted): Function returning binary content trigger sql error with stored config
James Turnbull
11:42 pm Bug #4227 (Accepted): puppet executables ignore puppet.conf if it is borked
James Turnbull
11:42 pm Bug #4151 (Accepted): defined function should not return true for unrealized virtual resources
James Turnbull
11:27 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4520: Letter case should be consistent. e.g. "Add Class" shoud be "Add class"
Spelling should be consistent. e.g. "shoud" should be "should". :D Rein Henrichs
11:18 pm Bug #4335 (Rejected): Managing home directory
I was not able to reproduce this issue on 0.25.4 or 2.6.1rc2. The actual modification of the ownership of the user h... Cody Herriges
11:09 pm Facter Bug #4569 (Merged - Pending Release): Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Thanks for the patch, William. It's a small change and it looks good but I don't have a convenient way to test on Win... Rein Henrichs
11:08 pm Feature #4568 (Accepted): Implement 'draining' style graceful shutdown in agent
seems pretty reasonable to me. Dan Bode
10:59 pm Facter Bug #4569: Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
Also psinfo isn't as accurate as it should be. 'net statistics server' providers a more accurate representation of up... William Van Hevelingen
10:54 pm Facter Bug #4289 (Merged - Pending Release): facter fails to recognize 'OEL' in operatingsystemrelease.rb
Fix available in my bug/master/4289 branch and merged into testing. Version updated to 1.6.0 as this is the next rele... Rein Henrichs
10:52 pm Bug #4489 (Needs More Information): standalone puppet file source error "Could not evaluate: ge...
The problem seems to be in the indirector when it's trying to open a connection to the master (there isn't one, we're... Markus Roberts
10:11 pm Facter Bug #4289 (Accepted): facter fails to recognize 'OEL' in operatingsystemrelease.rb
Was marked Ready for Testing but there is no code available. Rein Henrichs
10:09 pm Facter Bug #2865 (Ready For Checkin): facter 1.5.7 changed the report of the virtual fact
Merged into next Rein Henrichs
10:08 pm Facter Bug #3703 (Ready For Checkin): facter may not report the correct macaddress on multi port Macs
Merged into next Rein Henrichs
10:08 pm Facter Bug #4569 (Closed): Windows Uptime Fact is incorrect on Windows
uptime on windows is incorrect.
psinfo from pstools reports uptime as 0 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes, 11 seconds
...
William Van Hevelingen
10:06 pm Bug #4489: standalone puppet file source error "Could not evaluate: getaddrinfo: ..."
Stack trace to the actually point at which it fails:... Markus Roberts
10:05 pm Feature #4568 (Needs Decision): Implement 'draining' style graceful shutdown in agent
I don't know of a clean and easy way to kill a puppet daemon from it's own manifest without aborting at some midpoint... Steve Jones
09:59 pm Bug #4560 (Needs More Information): Virtual resources inside definitions not properly realized by...
While I and another have been able to reproduce and verify this against the documentation I am curious what your use ... Cody Herriges
09:42 pm Facter Feature #4563 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Add a --trace option for to display a backtrace
Rein Henrichs
09:41 pm Facter Feature #4567 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Add simple rake target to generate difference bet...
Available in my feature/master/4567 branch Rein Henrichs
08:59 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4520 (Closed): Letter case should be consistent. e.g. "Add Class" shoud be "Add class"
Very minor text fix. Closing. Igal Koshevoy
08:56 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4403 (Closed): Run-failure chart's counts are different than the actual count of reports
Ooops, not a bug -- I was running an older version of the database schema.
Fixed missing whitespace in Status::by_...
Igal Koshevoy
08:50 pm Refactor #4499 (Needs Decision): extlookup parses files multiple times
There are tricky design issues here (thread and environment safety, for one thing).
It's also the case that ther...
Markus Roberts
08:46 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #4403 (Accepted): Run-failure chart's counts are different than the actual count of reports
Re-opening this this because I'm getting exceptions on the homepage when calling code written as part of this change.... Igal Koshevoy
08:38 pm Feature #4427 (Needs Decision): Deriving from parameterized classes not implemented or not docume...
There are several tricky design issues implicit here (currying, anyone?)
Markus Roberts
08:26 pm Refactor #4536: scope.lookupvar should return a clone of the object, not the object itself
I switched the use of foo & bar around in your example to show the effect, from the original:... Markus Roberts
08:21 pm Refactor #4536: scope.lookupvar should return a clone of the object, not the object itself
This has been this way for going on two years at least. Markus Roberts
07:46 pm Bug #4501 (Accepted): puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
The send_report call, which writes the report to disk or sends it to the report server, has been moved from Puppet::R... Jesse Wolfe
07:11 pm Feature #2807 (Re-opened): Agent settings should be available within the parser
After looking into this feature, I want to reopen the ticket for discussion:
The implementation did not meet my ex...
Dan Bode
07:05 pm Bug #4501 (Investigating): puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
Jesse Wolfe
07:04 pm Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
Def. not an intended consequence. James Turnbull
07:03 pm Bug #4501: puppet 2.6 standalone does not create YAML logfiles anymore
Yes, there were major changes in reporting in the 0.25.x --> 2.6.x transition. Was this an intended consequence...th... Markus Roberts
06:31 pm Bug #4549: not all puppet functions are available in the template scope
Two more observations: 1) this existed in 0.25.x as well, and thus is not new breakage and 2) you can hack around it ... Markus Roberts
06:21 pm Bug #4549: not all puppet functions are available in the template scope
I'm now doubting my snap diagnosis. The problem seems to be with autoloading the functions from within a template. ... Markus Roberts
06:07 pm Bug #4409: puppetmasterd does not find custom types for environment
Yep, that's the plan. I'll poke through the commits as I was sure I'd seen something fly by that was supposed to reso... Nigel Kersten
06:05 pm Bug #4549 (Accepted): not all puppet functions are available in the template scope
I suspect that this is a consequence of making functions environment specific; they were moved to a base and a per-en... Markus Roberts
05:58 pm Bug #4409: puppetmasterd does not find custom types for environment
> I was under the impression this was supposed to have been fixed for 2.6 ?
Thus the "investigating"; if you're aw...
Markus Roberts
05:28 pm Facter Feature #4519: Facter should provide a convenient way to cache values
Some thoughts from the recent mailing list thread.
* There should be a simple way to mark a fact as cache-once-per...
Nigel Kersten
05:22 pm Bug #4409: puppetmasterd does not find custom types for environment
I was under the impression this was supposed to have been fixed for 2.6 ? Nigel Kersten
05:12 pm Facter Feature #4567 (Accepted): Add simple rake target to generate difference between versions
Paul, I can write a rake task which takes a pair of git references (tags, branches, SHA1s, etc, (as described in the ... Rein Henrichs
05:11 pm Bug #3922: Backing up files by md5 and saving them "as user"
Changing the affected version to 0.25.5 because that's where the bug appeared, and setting the target to queued since... Markus Roberts

08/18/2010

04:40 pm Facter Feature #4552 (Investigating): Add Fact execution timing information
I'll take Dean's patch (which is most of the way there) and make some changes to report time in ms.
Target version...
Rein Henrichs
04:25 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #4052: arrays should support pre-pend and append overrides.
I don't know if I can supply any additional information here. Order sometimes matters for arrays.
The design deci...
Dan Bode
01:07 pm Bug #3922: Backing up files by md5 and saving them "as user"
This is perhaps related to commit ae520057280c2454bc44c64ac1e6686bf2eb086d.
"Write ssh_authorized_keys as user
...
Sylvain Avril
08:24 am Facter Bug #3805: facter > 1.5.2 fails with a stack trace on 10.6
I think you have an old version of facter (probably 1.5.2) installed not via gems in /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/facter/ma... Paul Nasrat
08:09 am Facter Bug #3926 (Accepted): Rename uniqueid hostid
I agree with the rename - splitting the two bugs along this (this one for rename which is where the discussion is and... Paul Nasrat
08:08 am Facter Bug #3762 (Accepted): Implement UUID fact
Paul Nasrat
08:07 am Facter Bug #3926: Rename uniqueid hostid
We probably want to do the implement, deprecate old, delete dance with this. Adding uuid and hostid and deprecate uni... Paul Nasrat
08:01 am Facter Bug #3926: Rename uniqueid hostid
Luke Kanies wrote:
> Is uniqueid really a universal concept? [...]
> I'm comfortable renaming the fact to reflect t...
Alan Barrett
07:55 am Facter Feature #1981: Facter should support designating values as untrusted
I've been thinking about this, we have a core set of facts that facter handles, a bunch of things that depend on them... Paul Nasrat
07:51 am Facter Bug #4080 (Closed): Facter 1.5.7 tries to use uname -s on Windows
Thanks for the confirmation, marking closed. Paul Nasrat
07:51 am Facter Bug #4080 (Ready For Checkin): Facter 1.5.7 tries to use uname -s on Windows
Paul Nasrat
07:49 am Facter Bug #4289: facter fails to recognize 'OEL' in operatingsystemrelease.rb
Target 1.5.8 it's a trivial and obvious fix that affects an entire distro base Paul Nasrat
07:18 am Facter Feature #4519: Facter should provide a convenient way to cache values
I agree this is a good idea, but there definitely needs to be a no-caching mode. Luke Kanies
07:18 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #4052 (Needs More Information): arrays should support pre-pend and append overrides.
Can you provide more information about what you mean here? What would you like the interface to look like, etc. Luke Kanies
07:06 am Facter Feature #1338 (Duplicate): Add ability to specify shell code in the fact definition
Luke Kanies
07:05 am Facter Feature #4552 (Accepted): Add Fact execution timing information
Seems like a great idea. Luke Kanies
07:04 am Facter Feature #4567 (Closed): Add simple rake target to generate difference between versions
It'd be great if we could help early testers, regression testers give us a diff between fact output on versions (ie b... Paul Nasrat
07:04 am Facter Feature #4566 (Accepted): Fact resolutions should be individually resolvable
If multiple resolutions are available for a given fact, it's not currently possible to treat them separately from out... Luke Kanies
07:01 am Facter Bug #4080: Facter 1.5.7 tries to use uname -s on Windows
Seems to be working, there are no more uname -s errors. It also reports the correct ip address.
+1
William Van Hevelingen
07:01 am Facter Feature #1338: Add ability to specify shell code in the fact definition
Closing this in favor of the more general #4565. Luke Kanies
07:01 am Facter Feature #1339 (Duplicate): Convert the Fact definition interface to rely on arguments instead of ...
Closing this in favor of the more general #4565. Luke Kanies
07:00 am Facter Bug #3762: Implement UUID fact
We can close, I'd like to put the detailed info from comment #3 into the other bug.
I also think uniqueid probably...
Paul Nasrat
07:00 am Facter Feature #1340 (Duplicate): Add the ability to specify the fact value as an argument
Closing this in favor of the more general #4565. Luke Kanies
07:00 am Facter Refactor #4565 (Accepted): The internal DSL should be rewritten
The current internal DSL isn't optimized for easiest addition of the most common fact type -- single resolution with ... Luke Kanies
06:49 am Facter Feature #1896 (Duplicate): Facts from a configuration file
Closing this in favor of the more general #2157. Luke Kanies
06:47 am Facter Feature #2157: External fact support
Original description from Paul:
As a fact writer I want a mechanism to write facts in my favourite language and fo...
Luke Kanies
06:42 am Refactor #4536: scope.lookupvar should return a clone of the object, not the object itself
I think #4370 may have sorted this out R.I. Pienaar
06:38 am Facter Bug #3762 (Needs Decision): Implement UUID fact
It seems to me that this is basically just a duplicate of #3926. Is it reasonable to close this in favor of that mor... Luke Kanies
06:36 am Facter Bug #3926: Rename uniqueid hostid
I think there's a lot of value to be found in a uniquely computed identifier. even if it's something like an sshkey,... Greg Maples
06:03 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
Ok, thank you Kiril Varnakov
05:56 am Bug #4548 (Rejected): Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
Then I suggest you follow up with them - we don't manage rc scripts for downstream packages. Please feel free to re-... James Turnbull
05:53 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
Yes. Maybe not, i don't understand question. Kiril Varnakov
05:50 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
That sounds like a downstream rc script issue - have you logged an issue with the packager? James Turnbull
05:47 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
It want run twice. Why? Kiril Varnakov
05:45 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
I don't understand what the problem is. You start Puppet and it runs? James Turnbull
05:44 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
What are you see? Kiril Varnakov
05:43 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
Kiril - I'm sorry but I still don't see the issue? James Turnbull
05:41 am Bug #4548: Start puppetd on FreeBSD 8.0
freebsd85# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/puppet start
Starting puppet.
Hold on this moment. If write 'ps ax' in other ssh sess...
Kiril Varnakov
03:44 am Bug #4564 (Closed): Test
Jose Palafox
03:40 am Bug #4564: Test
testing 1.2.3 Dan Bode
03:37 am Bug #4564 (Closed): Test
This is a test Jose Palafox
02:10 am Refactor #4536: scope.lookupvar should return a clone of the object, not the object itself
Sorry, I should note that I discovered this in the 0.25 series of puppet, not 2.6. Daniel Pittman
01:07 am Facter Feature #4563: Add a --trace option for to display a backtrace
I have this working in my feature/master/4563 branch, based on my refactor/master/4558 branch, if anyone would like t... Rein Henrichs
01:03 am Facter Refactor #4558 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): CLI cleanup - Replace use of getopt with optparse
Available in my refactor/master/4558 branch. Would welcome feedback on my approach, including possible testing strate... Rein Henrichs
01:01 am Facter Feature #4563 (Closed): Add a --trace option for to display a backtrace
Adding a --trace option to the facter binary that prints the Ruby backtrace aids in debugging otherwise hidden errors. Rein Henrichs
12:28 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #4562 (Closed): Write release notes for 1.0.4
Igal Koshevoy
12:28 am Facter Bug #3805 (Needs More Information): facter > 1.5.2 fails with a stack trace on 10.6
Luke Kanies
12:26 am Refactor #4536 (Needs Decision): scope.lookupvar should return a clone of the object, not the obj...
James Turnbull
12:11 am Puppet Dashboard Refactor #4524 (Closed): Improve performance of queries
Ian: I've reviewed the code, validated its behavior, and confirmed that it dramatically improves the performance of t... Igal Koshevoy
12:10 am Facter Bug #3909 (Accepted): Strip trailing dots from domain fact
Luke Kanies
12:09 am Facter Bug #3926: Rename uniqueid hostid
Is uniqueid really a universal concept? I originally pulled it from Solaris, where it always worked, but I don't thi... Luke Kanies
12:08 am Facter Bug #4407 (Accepted): Fact names should be sanitized to be alphanumeric
Luke Kanies
12:06 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #4403 (Closed): Run-failure chart's counts are different than the actual count of reports
I pushed a branch with refactorings, plus additional documentation and warnings.
Nick reviewed the changes in person.
Igal Koshevoy
 

Also available in: Atom