The Puppet Labs Issue Tracker has Moved: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com
From 01/11/2011 to 01/17/2011
- 05:55 pm Bug #5374 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): 32-bit mod_passenger rpm requires 64-bit libraries
- Nathan Rich wrote:
> Sorry, to be clear, in the repo I see "rubygem-passenger-2.2.5-1.i386.rpm" and "mod_passenger-2...
- 05:28 pm Bug #4769 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Ruby timeout module doesn't support negative values a...
- 01:42 am Feature #3034: puppetdoc -r TYPE NAME would be useful
- this ticket should actually be for puppet describe, not doc
- 01:33 am Bug #1204: Man page issues
- Nigel - you want to take a look at these since we changed to Ronn and tell me what needs to be fixed and I'll make a ...
- 01:24 am Bug #1657 (Ready For Checkin): Description of host resource should say that the target defaults t...
- 01:06 am Bug #3305 (Ready For Checkin): The client option is not in defaults.rb
- 01:02 am Bug #2096 (Ready For Checkin): ConfigurationReference example on permissions does not work
- I've tested this is now working and made a documentation change to better reflect the intended behaviour.
- 12:45 am Bug #5916 (Closed): Cleanup of no longer used Puppet Doc methods and documentation
- 12:25 am Bug #5915 (Accepted): We should be consistent about use of underscores and hyphens in config vs a...
- 12:22 am Bug #4968 (Ready For Checkin): Document that --test includes --detailed-exitcodes
- 12:08 am Bug #5914 (Closed): Genconfig returns genconfig=true
- 11:52 pm Bug #5736 (Ready For Checkin): puppet cert --help lies about how --clean works
- 11:47 pm Bug #5742 (Ready For Checkin): puppet agent --help: non-existent option "fqdn" is described
- 11:39 pm Bug #5167 (Ready For Checkin): genconfig makes misleading references to 'puppet master'
- 10:35 pm Bug #5913 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Puppet::Application.find looks up ancestor tree, yiel...
- 10:32 pm Bug #5913: Puppet::Application.find looks up ancestor tree, yielding unexpected results
- I have committed a patch to my branch here: https://github.com/mitchellh/puppet/commits/ticket/2.6.x/5913
- 10:25 pm Bug #5913 (Closed): Puppet::Application.find looks up ancestor tree, yielding unexpected results
- `Puppet::Application.find` uses `self.const_get` to attempt to find an application class, presumably in the `Puppet::...
- 09:01 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- To be canonical about this ... the Forge is the right (and only) place for this sort of add-on function, for types an...
- 08:49 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- Dan Bode wrote:
> I created this patch as a part of a project that I am working on (the same reason that I created...
- 08:47 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- We shouldn't conflate though - the ENC patch is a different issue - it's targeted at 2.6.5 and is a bug fix more than...
- 08:46 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I really wish there was something between puppet core and the forge. Like a puppet-utils package.
- 08:43 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I agree with RI in the long term:
- the ability pass hashes arrays of hashes through resources would be idea.
- 08:35 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- @ken I think the use cases for this will be limited to data gathered from external sources so you'd generally always ...
- 07:56 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- The problem is that this goes down the rabbit hole we often end up in... We have two or even three orthogonal (or som...
- 07:45 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I like where RI is going with his syntax suggestion, but still a function is a good way to introduce the feature with...
- 07:16 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I agree with RI - his proposal of a syntax using arrays/hashes feels more in sync with how the language currently wor...
- 06:42 pm Bug #5817: Hashes can't be used as function paramaters
- attaching a stack trace, it looks like the issue in the lexer. how scary :)...
- 04:42 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- Sure thing mate - the functionality is the cool bit obviously :-).
IMHO I just think your contextualizing the name...
- 04:29 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I am not entirely sure this patch is in line with the basic principals of the language.
This strikes me as a hack ...
- 04:11 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- The word accepts is Teyo's fault ;) The reason that I like accepts for this is because I see it as a way of delegatin...
- 04:00 pm Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I'm a fan of the feature Dan - considering I've had to solve this with ruby in the past :-).
My only critique wou...
- 07:21 am Feature #5856 (Needs Decision): Classes should support schedules
- 07:20 am Bug #5911 (Rejected): Selector case matching not consistent
- Puppet has case-insensivity on "case" matches and not on "?" selectors.
- 07:18 am Bug #3229 (Closed): Case regex are not case-insensitive
- 07:11 am Bug #5910 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Puppet should log the name of declared classes that c...
- 06:23 am Bug #5910 (Closed): Puppet should log the name of declared classes that cannot be found
- The following code:...
- 06:02 am Feature #5909 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): puppet language needs a way to convert from hashe...
- 03:04 am Feature #5909: puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- I have added an experimental branch, I am going to get some feedback before I submit this as a patch.
- 02:29 am Feature #5909 (Closed): puppet language needs a way to convert from hashes to resources
- Now that we support hashes, I propose the following:
We need a way to convert from hashes to resources in puppet l...
- 06:13 pm Bug #5908 (Closed): Service Provider on Debian unable to disable services: now uses update-rc.d e...
- The debian provider of the service type now use update-rc.d "enable" and "disable", and lets "insserv" select which p...
- 07:09 am Bug #5906 (Closed): puppet master errors have poor formatting
- I realize that puppet master needed to be started with root, but ran it as a normal user to see what the output would...
- 11:56 pm Bug #5905 (Accepted): FileBucket MD5 identifiers should be case insensitive
- When referring to various REST API interfaces the Filebucket (and dashboard) require that the hex MD5 is specified ma...
- 10:11 pm Bug #5604: disabling of apt-listchanges in puppet provider is a bit aggressive
- micah - wrote:
> Nigel, I dont mind the hijack at all, I'm happy to hand it off. Especially since I am not too cle...
- 09:33 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5865: Inspect report search should have a way to show nodes that do NOT match a file and md5
- To provide a bit more information.
Amy is interested in obtaining an answer to the question, "Which critical files...
- 09:12 pm Bug #5604: disabling of apt-listchanges in puppet provider is a bit aggressive
- >I find Micah’s proposal complementary with Nigel’s suggestion (don’t override any existing value of these >environme...
- 08:35 pm Feature #4884: An exec provider that executes unfiltered bash code.
- Maybe we can simulate the behaviour of perl's system(). If you pass a single value that has metacharacters in it (spa...
- 08:01 pm Bug #5900 (Merged - Pending Release): Reports should store resource "failed" attribute
- The Dashboard portion of this change has been merged to next in commit:6a77784f9d9f5f935af9e1a72d88a60e5b14f264
- 07:05 pm Bug #5900 (Accepted): Reports should store resource "failed" attribute
- The Puppet portion of this change has been merged to 2.6.next in commit:41090d3617d99f9eaa58df32be93f3d16467bc50
- 06:57 pm Bug #5900 (Closed): Reports should store resource "failed" attribute
- It's possible under some rare circumstances for a resource to be considered to have "failed" even if it doesn't have ...
- 06:48 pm Feature #3537: It should be possible to trigger (exec) resources with require
- Nigel Kersten wrote:
> So most people seem to be ok with the cost of a single apt-get update on each run. I take it ...
- 06:26 pm Refactor #5875 (Merged - Pending Release): Lock down GPL license to V2
- Available in branch 2.6.next as commit:adce308f9892887cc8c8a1c2b3af53e7cd034d51
- 06:15 pm Bug #5896 (Investigating): rendering problem with angle brackets in issue tracker
- 04:45 pm Bug #5898 (Accepted): Node regex beginning with dash results in invalid tag
- A node regex starting with a dash results in a tag that begins with a dash, which Puppet doesn't accept as valid:
- 10:38 am Bug #5896: rendering problem with angle brackets in issue tracker
- Viewing the source of the HTML page shows that it contains "[less than]N[greater than]", where it should contain "[am...
- 10:05 am Bug #5896 (Rejected): rendering problem with angle brackets in issue tracker
- When I submitted issue #3692, the last sentence looked like this:
> "check that the configuration version is at leas...
- 09:52 am Bug #3692: reevaluate config_version whenever an agent checks in.
- Felix Frank wrote:
> It has been my impression that the config version relates to the catalog only. Changing files th...
- 02:20 am Bug #3741: Custom facts loaded multiple times
- Patrick Mohr wrote:
> Also, if you remove all the custom facts from the host, how many times does it print out the f...
- 02:02 am Bug #3741: Custom facts loaded multiple times
- 01:56 am Bug #3741: Custom facts loaded multiple times
- Also, if you remove all the custom facts from the host, how many times does it print out the first time compared to s...
- 01:54 am Bug #5152 (Duplicate): Module autoloader behaviour needs better documentation
- 01:44 am Bug #3741: Custom facts loaded multiple times
- I added the fact to an existing module with no facts:...
- 01:33 am Bug #3741: Custom facts loaded multiple times
- Thanks for the bump.
If possible, it would be immensely helpful if people suffering from this issue could test the...
- 01:22 am Bug #5894 (Closed): Failed inspect events are counted as out of sync
- If an error occurs during an inspect report (e.g. a file is unreadable), the report contains events with a status of ...
- 01:18 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5893 (Accepted): Dashboard should handle inspect reports with failures
- Currently, Dashboard assumes all inspect reports have status 'unchanged'. However, they can be 'failed' if there are ...
- 01:01 am Bug #5882 (Merged - Pending Release): Puppet inspect should recover from errors
- Merged to 2.6.next in commit:0b19744c5e01dacaff34e3348b77bcd6297f492e.
- 12:51 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5892 (Accepted): Pagination page should reset when you change the number of items per page
- If you're on the last page (say page 15) of a dataset and click '100' to display more items per page (assuming you're...
- 12:46 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5874 (Merged - Pending Release): Get rid of assignments and services tables
- 12:44 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5889 (Merged - Pending Release): File search results should have pagination
- 12:33 am Bug #3741: Custom facts loaded multiple times
- * Friendly Bump *
micah - wrote:
> I've had this on my nodes for a while now, but once I updated to 2.6.2, there ...
- 12:19 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5863 (Merged - Pending Release): Inspect Report Search should default to only searching the ...
- available in `next` as commit:b3bdddeaeb6ae97010ac2bc577aebd88a2722835
- 11:46 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5891 (Closed): Improve number of database calls for file search results page
- Currently the results page for file searching ends up doing 3 database calls for each resource status row
1. for th...
- 11:42 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5889 (Closed): File search results should have pagination
- Since you might be searching all inspect reports you might get a lot of results for thousands of nodes with thousands...
- 10:37 pm Feature #5888 (Accepted): "puppet filebucket" application should support diff
- Now that the FileBucket has the ability to diff files, this should be supported from the "puppet filebucket" applicat...
- 10:29 pm Feature #5887 (Closed): Puppet should have a type for solaris projects
- Projects can be used in Solaris to group processes and define constraints on these groups. Because defining/modifying...
- 10:29 pm Feature #5479: add autorequire for solaris zone dataset
- I updated https://github.com/someword/puppet/tree/feature/master/5479 with the modified patch.
- 10:18 pm Refactor #5886 (Closed): Run mode appears to be settable after initialization but there is no effect
- Note: this ticket is likely to be superseded by #5823, but I want to file it separately in case we change our minds i...
- 10:13 pm Bug #5823: Run mode can't be set by third party scripts or based on command-line arguments
- After some more internal discussion, we've decided that we don't want to let a global variable like Puppet.run_mode b...
- 10:04 pm Bug #5885 (Accepted): Reporting of errors from parameterized classes fails in nasty ways
- Bobic reports that the following manifest causes an error about not passing a required parameter that fingers an enti...
- 09:51 pm Bug #5884 (Needs More Information): Error establishing SSL connection
- Puppet Master version: 2.6.1
Puppet Agent version: 2.6.1
Puppet Master has been up and running for a...
- 07:51 pm Bug #5882 (Closed): Puppet inspect should recover from errors
- If an exception occurs during a puppet inspect run (e.g. unable to read a file), the inspect run terminates immediate...
- 06:56 pm Bug #5748: puppetdoc missing class documentation
- Can you try with 2.6.4?
It's possible that you ran into #2364
- 06:45 pm Feature #5777: it would be nice if auth.conf supported subnets
- auth.conf supports all what fileserver.conf and namespaceauth.conf support which translates to:
* CIDR, including i...
- 06:37 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5880: Redesign UI for diffing inspect reports
- There is some in-progress code for this at https://github.com/nicklewis/puppet-dashboard/tree/ticket/next/5880
- 06:36 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5880 (Closed): Redesign UI for diffing inspect reports
- This UI is split over two pages, and has a lot of redundancy. It needs a rework to emphasize the important information.
- 06:34 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5879 (Closed): url column on nodes should go away
- it's always null in our data and I can't see how it would get set in the code.
- 06:34 pm Puppet Dashboard Refactor #5878 (Accepted): belongs_to in controllers can probably be removed
- Reports controller belongs_to should be removed since resource_controller vendored code was removed and wasn't being ...
- 05:55 pm Feature #5877 (Closed): Data-specific applications should be added
- I've been discussing this on the list and such, and it's doing well enough that I figure it's time to actually open a...
- 02:20 pm Feature #5856: Classes should support schedules
- 1. no error. please change the category to "feature", not "bug".
3. linux , centos 5.5
- 01:55 pm Puppet Forge Bug #5854: JSON should include a list of available versions.
- What I would consider very useful was if the repository could be queried for all versions of one or several component...
- 11:10 am Bug #3692: reevaluate config_version whenever an agent checks in.
- I would like it to be ran every time an agent checks in because as you point out the master is only aware of changes ...
- 11:04 am Bug #3692: reevaluate config_version whenever an agent checks in.
- I'm not sure I second the OP's notion.
It has been my impression that the config version relates to the catalog on...
- 09:55 am Bug #5876 (Needs More Information): Require and Subscribe on the same refreshonly exec doesnt work
- Given this manifest:...
- 04:04 am Refactor #5875 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Lock down GPL license to V2
- 03:52 am Refactor #5875 (Closed): Lock down GPL license to V2
- 01:56 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5744 (Merged - Pending Release): We need to make sure that column sizes for new report schem...
- 01:56 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5744: We need to make sure that column sizes for new report schema are large enough
- 01:07 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5874 (Closed): Get rid of assignments and services tables
- Old migrations created these tables and models and they're not something dashboard currently uses. The tables and co...
- 12:47 am Puppet Dashboard Bug #5861 (Merged - Pending Release): Make it possible to put Dashboard into a read only mode
- 12:36 am Bug #5838 (Merged - Pending Release): File bucket upload should be efficient when file already st...
- Available in 2.6.next as commit:2274d5104f6e413a2b8899a3c3111a17bbb2f4d7
- 12:15 am Facter Bug #5873 (Closed): Xen fact cannot be run as non-root
- [NONROOTUSER]$ facter
cat: /proc/xen/capabilities: Permission denied
architecture => i386
In the facter code
- 11:27 pm Puppet Dashboard Feature #3503: Auto-import classes from modulepath
- This should include awareness of environment in the dashboard. Modules should be imported as:...
- 11:23 pm Bug #5540 (Merged - Pending Release): Dashboard should treat inspect reports differently from app...
- 11:22 pm Bug #5540: Dashboard should treat inspect reports differently from apply reports
- Merged to next in commit:a6aef263a52f6ce4eaf481503675b5001349a478
- 10:37 pm Facter Refactor #5871 (Needs Decision): The `domainname` fact could be much more robust...
- At the moment the domainname fact tries two methods to obtain the domain name of the current system:
1. execute dn...
- 10:34 pm Refactor #5870 (Accepted): Handle failure case where FQDN is undefined in defaults.rb better
- At the moment Puppet uses the 'hostname' and 'domainname' facts to derive an FQDN, and uses that in turn to seed the ...
- 10:01 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5869 (Closed): Node comparison dropdown needs some work
- This probably shouldn't be a dropdown and instead be some sort of ajaxy search box since you might a list of thousand...
- 09:59 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5868 (Accepted): The dashboard "file search" link is bad UI
- Neither the name or location of the link nor the text on the search page give you any indication of what sort of thin...
- 09:56 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5867 (Closed): Should be able to show all the diffs for a group of nodes against their basel...
- This is similar to #5866 but instead of comparing the nodes in the group against their own baselines, you should be d...
- 09:53 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5866 (Closed): Should be able to show all the diffs for a group of nodes against their basel...
- Right now you can get a diff from a node against a baseline, but what would be more useful would be to get a list of ...
- 09:47 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5865 (Closed): Inspect report search should have a way to show nodes that do NOT match a fil...
- This isn't terribly well spec'd out, but it's requested that the search should give you the ability to see what nodes...
- 09:41 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5864 (Closed): Inspect report search should display "no results" if no results found
- Right now if you don't find anything it just looks like the search didn't happen.
- 09:40 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5863 (Closed): Inspect Report Search should default to only searching the most recent report...
- There should be a checkbox that allows the search to be through all reports, but by default it should only be display...
- 09:36 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5862 (Accepted): Modify use_external_node_classification option to be more fine grained
- use_external_node_classification: false will only disable the controller actions that allow node classification, not ...
- 09:22 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5861 (Closed): Make it possible to put Dashboard into a read only mode
- Since there currently isn't any authentication controls in Dashboard it should be possible to run Dashboard in such a...
- 08:04 pm Feature #1886: Add node cleanup capability
- Paul Berry wrote:
> See mailing list discussion.
er, what discussion? Got a link? (FYI the file above doesn't wor...
- 07:13 pm Bug #5860 (Accepted): arrays do not work in selectors
- Using an array in a selector does not work:
$info = [ "acrews", "Adam", "/bin/bash" ]
$shell = $info ...
- 06:31 pm Bug #5859 (Closed): --detailed-exit code returns 0 when resources fail
- It seems like detailed-exit codes returns 1 for certain kinds of error, but 0 for resource failures
It should retu...
- 06:20 pm Bug #5858 (Closed): Setup does not "mkdir -p" the rundir
- Title was: require not always observed for directories
My manifests include this fragment:...
- 05:45 pm Puppet Forge Bug #5854 (Accepted): JSON should include a list of available versions.
- 05:36 pm Bug #5670 (Accepted): Failing resources should not notify
- 05:06 pm Feature #5856 (Needs More Information): Classes should support schedules
- 1. What error did you receive?
2. What version of Puppet is this?
3. What platform is this?
4. What Ruby versi...
- 12:44 pm Bug #3229 (Re-opened): Case regex are not case-insensitive
- Guys, how is that possible that you have case-insensivity on "case" matches and don't on "?" selectors? Where's the c...
- 12:38 pm Feature #5856 (Accepted): Classes should support schedules
- * It looks like schedules don't work for classes. This is really sad. What I want here is just a simple propagation d...
- 09:33 am Bug #5855 (Closed): FreeBSD package provider broken
- Since I couldn't find any other reports about problems with the FreeBSD provider there is probably something in my en...
- 09:11 am Puppet Forge Bug #5854: JSON should include a list of available versions.
See http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/module-site/wiki/Server-api for documentation of the existing API.
- 09:11 am Puppet Forge Bug #5854 (Closed): JSON should include a list of available versions.
- The JSON representation of modules currently only includes the most recent version, a field should be added that incl...
- 04:33 am Bug #5490 (Closed): puppet agent returns non-zero status upon success
- This has been retested on PE RC5. As Nigel's comments indicate the non-zero return codes are actually expected behav...
- 11:37 pm Bug #5392 (In Topic Branch Pending Review): Misleading error message when trying to collect resou...
- 09:47 pm Feature #914: A logging harness needs to be added to the Indirector
- excellent. thanks.
- 09:43 pm Bug #5823: Run mode can't be set by third party scripts or based on command-line arguments
- As discussed in person, my patch above just resets those whenever the run_mode is changed.
My new method could be ...
- 09:43 pm Feature #914 (Accepted): A logging harness needs to be added to the Indirector
- I think it is still relevant, but obviously not urgent.
Basically, if you are trying to figure out why you can't f...
- 08:05 pm Feature #5795: There should be a Node Terminus that uses a local YAML file like an External Node ...
- Added configuration option with default: https://github.com/brothers/puppet/commit/5824a36fbc45d325eb41f07c00269bf0a4...
- 08:01 pm Bug #5850 (Closed): XMLRPC interface to filebucket should be removed
- The file lib/puppet/network/handler/filebucket.rb services XMLRPC requests for file bucket actions. This functionali...
- 07:00 pm Feature #5783: support HTTP(S) URL as the file 'source'
- eric sorenson wrote:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
> > This would be good to support; obviously the metadata for the ...
- 06:32 pm Puppet Dashboard Bug #5845 (Closed): Host in UI should be replaced with node
- All over our interface we use the word host when we should really be saying node. First, it's not always the host, i...
- 03:55 pm Bug #5823: Run mode can't be set by third party scripts or based on command-line arguments
- Because of the way we model default settings, if you change run_mode after defaults.rb has been processed, all of the...
- 02:07 pm Bug #5428: Catalog compile fails with to_hash error due to YAML object recovery in storeconfigs b...
- any progress on this? any more debug info that i can provide? patches that i could test?
- 02:06 pm Bug #5755: Unable to load puppet generated catalog via YAML.load_file
- any progress on this? any more debug info that i can provide? patches that i could test?
- 08:17 am Feature #86: Directory creation fails if parent directory does not exist
- Hi Nigel,
it will not be possible to satisfy everyone here, so I will continue as it is designed right now
- 08:07 am Bug #5843 (Accepted): The 'file' type still uses self.class in self.class.instances
- This code path is used when trying to retrieve files via the indirector in the Resource class. Here's the stack trac...
- 08:01 am Bug #5842 (Rejected): The 'active_record' terminus does not load Rails
- Apparently its normal usage loads Rails for you, but not if you just try to load it directly:...
- 08:00 am Bug #5841 (Closed): The 'couch' terminus can't be loaded into memory without the 'couch' gem
- Our typical behavior here is to fail only if the terminus is attempted to be used, rather than when it's loaded into ...
- 07:28 am Bug #5823: Run mode can't be set by third party scripts or based on command-line arguments
- And it looks like it doesn't take much to fix this. The following patch to application.rb seems to work:...
- 07:21 am Bug #5823: Run mode can't be set by third party scripts or based on command-line arguments
- Note that you can create a new application which runs in a given run_mode, but it cannot be changed at, um, run-time:...
- 07:18 am Feature #5783: support HTTP(S) URL as the file 'source'
- eric sorenson wrote:
> Actually HTTP semantics can largely support the metadata and it would be great if puppet impl...
- 07:11 am Bug #5840 (Accepted): Util/command_line treats options as applications
- Given this command line with a custom application:...
- 06:28 am Bug #4142: puppet fails when metadata.json exists in module
- That update works for me.
- 05:55 am Bug #3692: reevaluate config_version whenever an agent checks in.
- Just to note this is biting me pretty hard now
Reading the [Release Notes](http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects...
- 04:00 am Feature #1035 (Investigating): "all" in tagmail.conf should allow exclusions
- Does anyone still care about this?
- 03:59 am Feature #1029 (Closed): Arrays are not supported in selectors
- Closed rather than rejected because we're unlikely to do it, but not against the idea.
- 03:57 am Feature #986 (Rejected): LDAP Entries and Attributes as a native or plugin type
- This is quite difficult, and it's very unlikely we'll actually get around to doing it.
- 03:57 am Feature #972 (Closed): More useful information (error handling) from Exec via system()
- In light of no obvious solution, closing. Happy to reopen if we can find one.
- 03:56 am Feature #970 (Closed): Configuration options should be available across configuration files
- fileserver.conf isn't particularly relevant in these times of modules for fileserving.
- 03:55 am Bug #945 (Closed): Ruby does not like unsigned UIDs
- 03:54 am Bug #943 (Closed): DirectoryServices provider should auto-assign uid and gid when unspecified.
- This is done in #4382 actually. It auto-assigns if unspecified.
- 03:53 am Feature #914 (Needs More Information): A logging harness needs to be added to the Indirector
- Can you expand on whether this is relevant anymore Luke?
- 03:52 am Feature #913 (Closed): up2date prefetching list of available packages
- Closing due to inactivity. Happy to revisit.
- 03:51 am Bug #902 (Duplicate): Qualified-variable names cannot contain hyphens (but class names can)
- closing in favor of the duplicate bug that has more recent activity.
- 03:51 am Feature #4350 (Duplicate): Should be able to interpolate variables in classes containing dash/hyphen
- 03:48 am Feature #871 (Rejected): Cannot append values to type default resource parameters.
- 03:46 am Bug #821 (Closed): Empty Gecos field problem
- Tested, no longer an issue in 2.6.x
- 03:35 am Feature #682: Should be able to override noop when set in a type
- We don't have a clear solution here, and we don't have people clamoring for it. Closing, happy to revisit.
- 03:33 am Feature #651: Exec checks should be turned into metaparameters
- Roy, I'm really sorry we let this languish so long. Is that code still valid?
- 03:33 am Bug #634 (Closed): Exec checks don't work when binaries aren't in the path
- 03:32 am Bug #581 (Closed): facter must be installed into rubys libdir or tests fail
- Closing this ticket.
With envpuppet and facter / puppet not installed in the system ruby library location, this is...
- 03:27 am Bug #198 (Closed): puppet does not have a manpage
- Garret, if you want to change the current man page behavior, please open a new ticket.
- 03:27 am Bug #419 (Duplicate): Selectors are still case-sensitive
- Closing as a duplicate of the bug where more constructive discussion occurred.
- 03:03 am Feature #91 (Closed): File copying should probably be done by name, not id
- Closing due to lack of expressed interest. Happy to revisit.
- 03:03 am Feature #86: Directory creation fails if parent directory does not exist
- Any other suggestions other than the method that works now?
I'm tempted to close this to reduce some of our immens...
- 03:01 am Feature #65 (Closed): File sources should support file globbing
- Closing due to lack of expressed interest. Happy to revisit.
- 03:01 am Feature #50 (Closed): Enable restore on checksum differences
- Closing due to lack of expressed interest. Happy to revisit.
- 03:00 am Feature #48 (Closed): Make filenames support globbing
- Closing due to lack of expressed interest. Happy to revisit.
- 02:54 am Bug #5839 (Accepted): puppet filebucket -s doesn't work
- `puppet filebucket -s servername`
`ambiguous option: -s`
- 02:03 am Bug #4139: 'autoflush' ... doesn't
- Confirming this for puppet 2.6.4 on passenger 2.2.14 on Solaris
Especially annoying is restarting & you lose part ...
- 01:46 am Bug #5820 (Accepted): Undefined variables throw poor error
- Even allowing for the use of has_variable, we shouldn't require that users know about our magical :undef symbol.
- 01:13 am Bug #5838 (Closed): File bucket upload should be efficient when file already stored
- When using a remote file bucket and storing a file whose contents already exist in the bucket, we waste network bandw...
- 12:27 am Puppet Dashboard Feature #5172 (Merged - Pending Release): Should allow search of file resources by checksum or fi...
- Merged to next in commit:a6bb336a998add0476b43d87597324f61f6def5a.
- 12:16 am Facter Bug #5816: ipaddress fact uses the IP of the alphabetically earliest interface.
- Sure, I have a ticket/1.5.x/5816 branch at git://fedorapeople.org/home/fedora/ricky/public_git/facter.git (gitweb htt...
Also available in: Atom